Anyone used buygoldfishonline.com?

Hey everyone! I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, but soon I will be buying my first goldfish since having been educated in the aquarium hobby. I was looking for a place to get goldfish that wasn't as expensive as Dandy Orandas or as unhealthy as Petco. I found a site called buygoldfishonline.com and I was wondering if anyone had bought from them or knew if it was reliable. If you have, I would love to see your fish and hear about your experience. If you know of another option or better option please let me know too!

Edited by •Morgan•

I have bought from them a couple times. The fish arrived in good shape and very beautiful. I would definitely make sure to do the full rounds of prazi in QT though. Before I understood about quarantine procedures I lost the first fish I bought from him and it may have been from not doing this. 

Here are my fish from there:

Shadow (butterfly tail):

IMG_3394-2_zpsr0iqhzlw.jpg

Willow (veil tail):

IMG_3490_zpsds9kflbo.jpg

And Wanda (dragon eye):

IMG_1055_zpsnqkexwem.jpg

Edited by goldfishgirl82

They are adorable! Thank you for the help. I would love to be able to go and pick out my fish, but I don't have any good fish store options were I live. I've read the quarantine procedures on the forum and I'll make sure to be diligent in the treatments.

Here is a link to an ebay seller I have bought from a couple times. He has some nice fish of similar quality to BGO. These are ones where you can see the actual fish you are getting in the photos. In case you want some other options to choose from:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=fishonlinerus&_armrs=1&_osacat=168141&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC4.A0.H0.Xgoldfish.TRS2&_nkw=goldfish&_sacat=168141

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a Petsmart near you? It may not be popular opinion, but I have an Oranda and a Fantail from Petsmart and they are the healthiest, happiest goldfish I've EVER had! They're 3 years old and are thriving. The Petcos in Ohio are awful, but our Petsmart's are top notch. Even better than my LFS.

I'll also add the safety factor in not buying the imports sold by nearly all on-line brokers.   Imported fish can bring in new diseases.  

I was in the impression that Petco & Petsmart along with most of the LFS's bring their fish from China or from a broker along the coast such a golden phoenix fisheries in CA who supply to dozens or hundreds LFS's in the country.

If this is true.. most of the GF in US are imports, right?...

The only option we (hobbyists) will have to get something healthier is from a US breeder like the one you're mentioning in Oregon, no?

I was told that "goldfishonline.com" gets their fish from golden phoenix which bring their fish from China

The "feeder goldfish" at Petsmart are from domestic fish farms and arrive at the store perfectly healthy.    The more expensive fish are more likely imported culls.  LFSs often take fish from local breeders.  To find out where the fish came from, just ask.

Support your local breeder!