Spice is here!

• Helper

Months ago I saw this big boy in the LFS. I couldn't afford him at the time and regretted every day that I didn't bring him home! I said that if he was still there when I had the money and the weather was warmer (cold weather messes with my back and makes daily water changes extremely hard!) I'd buy him...but a few weeks ago he was bought by someone who is in a facebook group with me! I was pretty devastated to be honest...but she soon found that he was too big for her pond...he knocked her fountain over and just didn't seem happy in there...he seemed happier in her tank but she still felt her tank was too small for him and having him in there made her really overstocked. So she decided to sell him..and she knew how much I loved him so she sold him to me! For less than half his original price! :D

I decided to keep his name that she had for him - Spice - although its looking like it will morph into "Spicy"  He is the biggest fancy I've ever had and I'm still debating on whether he will go in the pond or if I will rearrange my tank gang and have him in there...but he is in QT now so got a few weeks to decide on that :)

Anyway, here he is!

K2jI0RV.jpg

tLNMkfZ.jpg

K1XqoZI.jpg

cFSpP0m.jpg

Si it turned out to be a bittersweet weekend...losing my beloved Cali yesterday but welcoming Spice home today

• Helper

Thanks guys! He doesn't like the tub much...his old owner said he seems to like to see whats going on..he spooks very easily when I approach the tub. I'm looking into getting a glass aquarium to QT him in but not sure if I'll be able to. My usual glass QT is smaller than what I'd like to put him in with his size and I'm bleaching it today anyway lol.

He is such a big boy and very strong!

• Helper

Spice sure is nice!  

I hope he works out for you.

Sometimes the best cure for the heartache of a missed fish is...a new fish, when it feels right.  :thumb:

That is very true. I had already organized to get Spice before Cali even got sick...when she passed yesterday I thought about delaying it..but felt it was right to go ahead with it anyway

What a gorgeous monster of a fish!  :wub: Good luck with him!

~~~~~~~~~

I know how this kind of bittersweetness feels. :k055:   I had to put my fav,Gumdrop in QT the day before my 2 ECR's arrived. He died before they were out of QT. :(  Put a real big damper on my excitement for sure. TBH, now every time I think of getting a new fish, I get a bad feeling that one of the others will get sick. :peeka

Edited by TikiLola

• Helper

What a gorgeous monster of a fish!  :wub: Good luck with him!

~~~~~~~~~

I know how this kind of bittersweetness feels. :k055:   I had to put my fav,Gumdrop in QT the day before my 2 ECR's arrived. He died before they were out of QT. :(  Put a real big damper on my excitement for sure. TBH, now every time I think of getting a new fish, I get a bad feeling that one of the others will get sick. :peeka

Thank you! Yea I'm watching everyone like a  hawk now :( Its been a bad year for my guys. After going about 4 years with no losses I've lost four fish this year :(

Spicy... Ree wants!!!  :teehee

Mandy I am so pleased you ended up with a new baby yesterday!  He is just so amazingly beautiful!!!  Wait till you Koko peeps see him from the side... he is stunning!