Are these plants ok for a potasium permangenate dip?

Ree

Hi all!!  :hi

I am getting some new plants and wanted to check to see if they are ok for a potassium permanganate dip.  Will they be ok?

Corkscrew Vallisneria

Wisteria bunch

Echinodorus Crimson Sail

Thanks so much everyone!

Should be fine!  Just make sure you get the ratio for PP/water right. :D

I usually end up making the water way too dark I think.  Last time I really burnt my flame moss and my babys tears opps! but it did recover eventually!  Well the flame moss recovered better than the babys tears LOL 

Do you know the correct ratio yafashelli?

First, I make a stock solution, which lasts me for a very long time.  Once I have my stock solution, I measure out 1 mL of that for every 10 gallons of water that my plant sterilizing container holds.  I let the plants sit in there overnight (because I forget about them) and they're fine.  4 hours should be good though.

Don't forget to use water that has been dechlorinated without the use of Prime.  I don't have this issue, as I'm on a well, but if you do, just set up your container with an airstone overnight.  

Notes for PP Baths   

Stock solution is:   

2 grams of PP powder  
25 grams distilled water  

Use naturally chlorine free water; Prime will deactivate PP

1mL of stock solution per 10 gallons of water makes 2ppm bath  

Unofficial advice: I'm not as precise as I used to be.  I just throw some of my stock solution into water until it's a true purple while still being able to see through the container.  I haven't lost a plant yet. :pp

First, I make a stock solution, which lasts me for a very long time.  Once I have my stock solution, I measure out 1 mL of that for every 10 gallons of water that my plant sterilizing container holds.  I let the plants sit in there overnight (because I forget about them) and they're fine.  4 hours should be good though.

Don't forget to use water that has been dechlorinated without the use of Prime.  I don't have this issue, as I'm on a well, but if you do, just set up your container with an airstone overnight.  

Notes for PP Baths   

Stock solution is:   

2 grams of PP powder  

25 grams distilled water  

Use naturally chlorine free water; Prime will deactivate PP

1mL of stock solution per 10 gallons of water makes 2ppm bath  

Unofficial advice: I'm not as precise as I used to be.  I just throw some of my stock solution into water until it's a true purple while still being able to see through the container.  I haven't lost a plant yet. :pp

Thankyou!  I will give it a go and see how I manage... see if I can murder another lot of plants LOL poor things. 

Ooh, crimson sail is a nice plant. All of those plants will tolerate a bleach dip if you wanted to use that.

Ok thanks Dan.  I am a little scared of bleach dips, but I have done the PP dips before so am more confident with that.  How do you do a bleach dip?

Nice plants WOOOT! are they Guppy plants :teehee

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe??? :teehee How did you know Koko!!!!  :yikes  She is not only the master of the Koko Nuts but can also read minds!!!! :teehee

Ooh, crimson sail is a nice plant. All of those plants will tolerate a bleach dip if you wanted to use that.

You can bleach vals? Maybe I was doing the wrong concentration, but I definitely killed some vals with bleach... oops!

You can bleach vals? Maybe I was doing the wrong concentration, but I definitely killed some vals with bleach... oops!

Hi QandD, I used a PP dip this time, I will let you know how it goes.  Hope they survive!  :hi