Sign in to follow this  
Morgan'sMiracles

Floating, listless gf

I bought a new gf recently, a largw Fantail. She was perfectly healthy. After only a week in pristine water, her fins are shredded and she is floating and energyless. I couldn't do anything major cause i was going away for the weekend but I'm back now and she is still alive, so i need help.

She is in 10g of water with 1tbsp epsom salt (she was pineconed. She isn't anymore so i may remove that tomorrow).

She has recieved 30% wc for the past few days since she entered qt. I have no idea where to find the form, but if someone could post it here I will fill it out.

Meds:

Kanaplex

Metroplex

Praziquantel

Epsom salt

Normal salt

The form is called "Help Request Check List" and is available as a sticky in the main Disease Diagnosis topic or in my signature.

And that is about 10 times the recommended dose of Epsom (at least what we typically recommend on this site) . . . .

And that is about 10 times the recommended dose of Epsom (at least what we typically recommend on this site) . . . .

Crap. I thought i remembered that correctly.

Change the tank water (all of it) and remove the salt. Add half a teaspoon of Epsom per five gallons of aquarium water if there is dropsy, and please fill out the form Chelsea mentioned in detail so we can get a better picture of what is ngoing on. Please include a list of all medication you have on hand and available, the changes in behavior and condition and which days you noticed, and make sure to include the water parameters on your form. Those give us lots of good clues and help us eliminate possibilities as well.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I'm sorry :(. Please come to us at the first sign of trouble, before dosing any meds, and that gives us more time to help before things take a turn. It's always hard to lose a new arrival, but chances are what took her down was something she acquired before every coming to you that was exacerbated by the stress of a new tank.

:grouphug