Sign in to follow this  
Ajnk17

White spots

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrate level(Tank) 5ppm

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) broke my other tube so I'm waiting. Normally around 7.6

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* Water temperature? 75.1 F

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75 gallons roughly 3 months

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 Aqueon quiet flow 55/75

* How often do you change the water and how much? At least 50% once a week

I've had my fish for about 3 months and he (not really sure it's a he) has had white spots on his tail fins. His fins fade from Orange to white. It looks like in some spots it's a brighter white I guess is the best way to explain it. At first I thought it was ich, so I was carefully watching him and the others. (This was before I was on koko's and had any idea about treatments.) Hes maybe gained a couple more spots, but nothing like crazy growth. He has normal behavior eating, not clamped fins, swimming around like normal.

None of my other fish have spots. They all act normal as well. I've just kind of assumed it was his natural color?

I tried to take pictures, but it's really hard to catch him not making. I'm to nervous to hold him and try and take a pic. :/

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/Ajnk17/image.jpg1_zpsyhguqk92.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/Ajnk17/image.jpg2_zpsl9gzdmb2.jpg

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/Ajnk17/image.jpg4_zpslbexx3jp.jpg

Looking at the pictures again I'm realizing how terrible they are. I'm not sure if you can see the spots I'm talking about.

Have you ever treated with prazi?

How did you go about treating the ick (I don't see any ick, but better pictures would help) when you thought they had it?

An easy way to take a picture would be to out the fish in a bowl and that way he'll stay still.

No this would be their first treatment ever. When I thought it was ich I hadn't read anything about how to cure it. I didn't know you could cure it. I honestly thought it was incurable and they would pass away. :(

I've learned a lot through here and another site which is why I'm just now going to be using prazi.

It honestly doesn't look like ich to me either the spots are much larger. I started to think it was/is his coloring. It's on his fins where it's already white/orange. Someone advised me to make a post to reassure myself. I was going to use paragaurd instead or prazi to reassure myself they don't have ich.

If it was/is ich wouldn't he of passed already? And my other fish would have it as well?

All of these diseases and treatments that you can do for fish is new to me. I'm trying my best to learn.

Please put your fish in a bowl and take a picture. That will help us to see the spots.

Please put your fish in a bowl and take a picture. That will help us to see the spots.

As soon as I get home from work tomorrow I will! I'm already laying in bed, otherwise I would right now.

Ich is treatable.  If he had it, you would most likely see more spots by now on him and the other fish.  I would not treat ich with Paraguard.  Heat and salt is all that's needed.

Better pics will help rule that out and figure out the best way to treat.  :D

Please copy and fill out the entire form.   

How we doing?

So sorry for not posting the next day like I said I would! :( Work has been crazy lately. Barley finding time to do anything.

Today is WC day and I will take a picture of the spots. Looking at him right now and they seem to be gone. Where he had the white spots are now orange. Maybe it was something with him changing colors? Anyway, I will post a little later tonight with better pictures.