Visit to different LFS

colley614

Awesome, so ig possible to get high quality fish and them not be related

If you happened to breed them I'd definitely consider getting fish from you (depending of the type), or if you put up that mail order thing - any chances for butterly telescopes?  :teehee

Edited by kiro

Very impressive Mikey. that looks a lot of filtration!

Jes, I'm up North Near Liverpool so it would be hard for me to go.

thank you! The goldfish system total gallonage is roughly 220 gallons and the tropical system is roughly 320 gallons.

So I thought I would pop in and check out another local fish store today. Oh my, it was absolutely shocking. Half the fish were floating arkwardly. Lots flashing, underweight. They just looked terrible. I was looking at the Orandas which were just fantails.

That's bad. I once went to a local aquarium store, they sold fantails with red coloured face on the name of red caps. Such cheating [emoji21]

0C23EEA1-E645-41CE-9F0D-19B3A96E5CC7_zps844FCFB1-3054-4A50-AB83-1BFD7B2DE4D9_zpsF36F781B-88F4-47B6-8D20-8EF75A4C8323_zpsA488C63D-DE6A-4F9F-8C49-792677737992_zpswe do not have any goldfish as the ones that came in Friday were fungus ridden. They are in our sick tank and doing okay. We are treating with salt, clean water, and life guard halo shield. It's all 20 gallon tanks except the bigger one which is a 40 gallon. 5028D6F1-320F-4A76-9EE2-84EBAA73BF29_zpsOur 29 gallon plant tank and spoiled little common goldfish :wub::heart

1C3BBB5D-8877-46D4-882D-63968D8604CD_zpsThe bettas

91BBF567-A018-49DC-835C-969D7A7AC955_zpsThe pump for the tropical system 96BCC010-BB39-430D-AB7D-31C9293713EB_zpsgoldfish system pump CA9467DE-21D4-475B-B72D-FFE837B2A3AD_zpstropical system sumpE70A584D-A533-413C-82FD-04DF6EE68D43_zpsgoldfish sump 565BBAC4-0453-42EC-8DBB-8F2857B20A03_zps290D9C42-E11A-456E-80F7-29D3FBC9647B_zpsour bearded dragon babies which will most likely need to be separated very soon 143D2A99-2E8B-409A-AF69-2F8BA9EA64C6_zpscorn snake and anoles4193B925-A7F1-45A2-800B-D9DD11306321_zpsleopard gecko and fire belly toads E699CAD3-C9E4-41D8-AC50-054B2697623D_zpsand our hermit crab tank.

Thank you Colley!! I'll be waiting for pictures when it's all set up :nana

Thanks Lisa!! We are a mom and pop shop and do our best with that :) the store is virtually smell free :o

We clean the goldfish system twice a weeks and the tropical system once a week. Algae is scrubbed once weekly (or more if needed which it did need it that day :rofl), reptiles are spruced throughout the week until they are completely cleaned on Saturday, bettas get 2-3 water changes a week, and the plant tank gets a water change and cleaned when it starts to look dirty, and I recently cleaned it. The socks on the sumps are changed twice(?) a week and we are always testing our water to make sure the levels are correct. I do not like that we use R/O water as it takes away so many nutrients for the fish. We have an R/O filling system at the other side of the store and a tune goes through the ceiling to the opposite side of the store to put The tube into the sumps. I think we should take the cartridges out and start using water conditioner and tap water instead of it being filtered.

It used to be two stores combined into one, but we closed the other side two years ago this month :cry it was so nice. I miss it terribly, I think we all do.

Edited by Mikey

Great job Mikey... That is a very nice looking Shop.. I would shop there... :thumbs: Where are the Guppies? :teehee

thanks Koko!! :)

No where :cry we don't carry them because people won't spend the money on them. It's like 2.99 or 3.99 per pair. We have mollies, swords, and platies though :)

• Admin

Great job Mikey... That is a very nice looking Shop.. I would shop there... :thumbs: Where are the Guppies? :teehee

No where :cry we don't carry them because people won't spend the money on them. It's like 2.99 or 3.99 per pair. We have mollies, swords, and platies though :)

Ok well Ill let you get by this time :rofl

Ok well Ill let you get by this time :rofl

Plus in the past they said we couldn't keep them alive :idont water is perfect, I am always testing it. The only thing I can think of is that it is because we sue R/O and don't add back the gH and then the coral is to keep the kH up and I add baking soda to the goldfish system.

If you need fish advice, there are only really two (my one do worker and I) of us at my store with that Info :rolleyes: my bosses are 75% of the time wrong with what they say about fish..... But you didn't hear that from me!!! :tomuch:

Edited by Mikey