Sign in to follow this  
koko

Koko's New Guppy Tank

Photos as soon as I can :)

TD and I have been talking for a while about either upgrading the tank or a Puppy for Justine.... Well the Tank won as We have 3 cats and Well We dont think it would be good right now :) As 2 cats are inside and one is a out door. :(

So any way.. TD got me a 36 gallon Bow front tank. I have always wanted a bow front for the guppies or goldfish. Bow fronts are just so neat to me.

So now I got to fill the tank up as it looks so naked and well now it looks like I have hardly any guppies... It also looks like the old ponds heater that I was using isnt working right as we cant set it right, also the light it came with I dont like as it wont support the live plants I want to get in there again....

:)

36gup_zpsayi63b3w.jpg

36gup2_zpstuycaopm.jpg

And yes thats a rubber ducky floating in the tank... I forgot to get a temp thing, so I grabbed Justine's bath Ducky so we can tell what the temp is :rofl

Congratulations on your new tank!!!! Looks great!!!!!

WOW Koko, it looks great!  :happydance It really does look like you don't have many guppies.... :yikes I am sure they will fill the extra space as fast as they can though :teehee How will fantailfanforever and I ever catch up?  :hi

PS Love the rubber duck!  :thumb:

WOW Koko, it looks great!  :happydance It really does look like you don't have many guppies.... :yikes I am sure they will fill the extra space as fast as they can though :teehee How will fantailfanforever and I ever catch up?  :hi

When they where in the 10 they where crowed again :lol now I feel empty :rofl

Hey I see some Mollies coming I think. I lost both of my girls but the Boy is there there... :)

I got to get plants in there :o

Oh and the heater got to warm and made the tank 81F :yikes... Its a very old heater used for the pond, so I think its going out.. So we took the heater out and now I got to figure out how to take a Sick Justine to the store and fix the tank before more jump out... yup two guppies trying to leave :(

Hey I see some Mollies coming I think. I lost both of my girls but the Boy is there there... :)

Oh and the heater got to warm and made the tank 81F :yikes... Its a very old heater used for the pond, so I think its going out.. So we took the heater out and now I got to figure out how to take a Sick Justine to the store and fix the tank before more jump out... yup two guppies trying to leave :(

Mollies will help fill the space too!  OH no that is hot for little guppies!  I love my jager heaters... I have never had any trouble with them in the whole 6 months I have had fish tanks :teehee ... don't know about long term yet!  Whoa there guppies!  Tell those guppies life will get better and they don't need to end it so drastically just yet!

Oh Justine, that is not good you are sick... you will just have to get a treat to help you get better.... some Mollies maybe?  or maybe something rhyming with Mollies??? :teehee (I didn't say the word Koko so you are not committed!) :hi

Mollies will help fill the space too!  OH no that is hot for little guppies!  I love my jager heaters... I have never had any trouble with them in the whole 6 months I have had fish tanks :teehee ... don't know about long term yet!  Whoa there guppies!  Tell those guppies life will get better and they don't need to end it so drastically just yet!

Oh Justine, that is not good you are sick... you will just have to get a treat to help you get better.... some Mollies maybe?  or maybe something rhyming with Mollies??? :teehee (I didn't say the word Koko so you are not committed!) :hi

Yeah they thought it would be cooler out of the tank :o I had one of those a while ago, but the pond killed it :rofl

No no, no other pets for us.. I still got a betta too :thud:

Yeah they thought it would be cooler out of the tank :o I had one of those a while ago, but the pond killed it :rofl

I didn't know you had a betta!  Is there any pics on here of your betta?

PS Lollies rhymes with Mollies :teehee

Nope I havent shown him yet.... Thats Justine's fish... She calles him Fishy :rofl

No lollies for her, she doesnt even know what a candy tastes like.... Keeping her far from it :)

Nope I havent shown him yet.... Thats Justine's fish... She calles him Fishy :rofl

No lollies for her, she doesnt even know what a candy tastes like.... Keeping her far from it :)

Well sounds like a beautiful 'Fishy' :teehee   And good plan with the lollies.  I was in the same boat when I was little.  I thought up until I was well past five that the icecream man or mr whippy van that used to drive around our neighbourhood blaring green sleeves was just that, a music van!  It wasn't until my stepfather bought me a soft serve one day that I realised it did more than play music.  :thud

Sorry I derailed your thread somewhat.  My bad!  :sorry::

What plants are you planning for your guppy tank?  What sort of substrate?  Oh I cant wait to see it all progress!  :happydance

Edited by Ree

Looks great. I would try some of the beginner plants with the light. You might be surprised.

I was thinking "d"ollies! :teehee

Can't wait to see it all set up the way you want it! :nana

I was thinking "d"ollies! :teehee

Can't wait to see it all set up the way you want it! :nana

:lol Shes got plenty of Dollies :rofl

Well I worked on it some more... Ill get some photos of it for you guys. I am no way near done, but with a 2 year old there is only so much you can work on in a day plus she is sicker than a dog :(

I plan on getting more Whisteria, that stuff was growing like a weed before in this tank, aslo I got two different Anubias plants and a very cool house in the middle of the tank....

Photos coming :thumbs:

That's great. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

That's great. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Thanks hun. She is better than yesterday :)

guppysep2_zpsrleyy9cf.jpg

guppysep_zpsrmip1yu4.jpg

guppysep1_zps64bb5qdy.jpg

Love the blue and the little house.  Can't wait to see all the live plants grow in.

Nice tank.

Bow fronts are neat.

I want a rubber ducky in my tank too now.

looks great love the bow front :) I'm sure the guppies are enjoying all the new room :)

yeah so much I got about 200 new fry in there :thud

Koko it looks amazing!  Love the little hut!  The fry will be able to go to 'school' in there :teehee .  Looks amazing with the blue sand too!  Wow!  Those guppies look so tiny in that tank!  One day I hope to have a tank that makes my little guppies look little too!  You are giving me a great deal of inspiration here!  Thankyou! :happydance

Looks great Koko!  Now Mikey is gonna want to switch his sand to blue . . .  :doh11:

:rofl

Koko it looks amazing!  Love the little hut!  The fry will be able to go to 'school' in there :teehee .  Looks amazing with the blue sand too!  Wow!  Those guppies look so tiny in that tank!  One day I hope to have a tank that makes my little guppies look little too!  You are giving me a great deal of inspiration here!  Thankyou! :happydance

Well I just ordered some plants from Dustin's Tanks. Lets see how they look and I hope it makes the tank go back to its old glory days :teehee

Looks great Koko!  Now Mikey is gonna want to switch his sand to blue . . .   :doh11:

:rofl

:thud

Wow it looks so awesome! I'm about to get new fry pretty soon myself...My Platy that had her first batch of fry 3 weeks ago has magically made herself pregnant again! :angelstaf: