OMG Googles!

Speckles

This is such a mystery to me, how to take such good care of a goldfish that is obviously kaput. This may sound harsh, and it is because i have culled much 'better' fish.

Anyway, without causing too much confusion i hope, i really love to see this fish and how it has been cared for with so much love is inspirational!

Every. Single. Time.

I see pics of Googles all I can think of is XXlarge augmented ladies bazooms :peeka

...and now, that is all I will think of too when I see Googles.

You have etched the image in my mind Aubrey :rofl2

Every. Single. Time.

I see pics of Googles all I can think of is XXlarge augmented ladies bazooms :peeka

You are welcome :tomuch:

This is such a mystery to me, how to take such good care of a goldfish that is obviously kaput. This may sound harsh, and it is because i have culled much 'better' fish.

Anyway, without causing too much confusion i hope, i really love to see this fish and how it has been cared for with so much love is inspirational!

No confusion at all, I understand what you're saying, thank you :)

I think if he wasn't upright and didn't get excited about food then I would reconsider, but he still seems to be happy and wriggly.

I'm thankful that the worst of his problems at the moment seem to be sores on his tail which clear up with Collodial Silver treatment. His 'bouncing back' ability from all his ailments is down to him, I can't take much credit for it :)

Every. Single. Time.

Every. Single. Time.

You two. Such naughtiness :bat::wa:pan

:rofl

Ok, I admit, I've thought it too! :ignore:

Googs is a special one 4sure! :heart

Is his story around here somewhere? I'd be very interested, especially now that I seem to have a permanent bottom sitter myself....

I can try and find some older posts for you. I think there was one particularly long thread entitled nitrates but it became about his battle against dropsy.

I'll put up some links but you're welcome to PM me if you have any questions, or just to chat :)

Long story short is that I didn't know anything about fishkeeping. I was over stocked and relied on my bf's knowledge of when he kept tropicals as a little person. I was at uni at the time and struggled with looking after myself and passing my course, let alone looking after a pet. I cared and loved him but didn't realise I was making so many mistakes. In the first two years I had him, he moved, 5 times and lived in 3 different counties with completely different water quality, which I was only testing using strips when I had the inclination.

He's been through so much, poor little guy. These are my earlier posts:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93002-all-kinds-of-problems/?hl=googles

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/99275-nitrates-in-tap-water-too-high/?hl=googles#entry1209667

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/99275-nitrates-in-tap-water-too-high/?hl=googles#entry1209667

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/105792-a-hard-decision/?hl=googles

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/112931-update-on-googles/?hl=googles

There are many more of my old threads with various worries but I think these are the most useful. I hope anyway! His main issues over the past couple of years are blisters on top of his eye orbs (helped with epsom) and tummy sores (treated with silver baths). Other than that, he has been very stable, thank goodness.

Hope that helps :)

Black, I was reading all the googles posts last night and was in awe of all the lovely fish mummy stuff you have been doing to support googles!

A beautiful fish with amazing eyes, colour and just being googles! :wub:

Black, I was reading all the googles posts last night and was in awe of all the lovely fish mummy stuff you have been doing to support googles!

A beautiful fish with amazing eyes, colour and just being googles! :wub:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read them all, and for your lovely words :heart

• 2 months later...