Am I just paranoid or is this a problem?

Cdionne77

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh he doesn't want to eat... His eye looks worse, more redness almost like it's swollen behind the eye and his head looks like it has shrunk... Call me crazy but it looks smaller. I know the meds have only been in there for 24 hours but usually how long does it take before you see results if it's gonna happen generally?

Oh no! I hope little Skipper is doing ok, poor little guy, I wish him only the best.

To the fish ''nasties'':

:borgg:

Thank you! I don't know what to do. I hate seeing him suffer

I feel the heart ache, hes such a gorgeous little guy. Its so hard not knowing but you can only do what you can :cry1

I look at him and I just cry. I love all of my fish but this guy is my baby. I will give the medicine time to work, but if he gets worse in a few days I don't want him to suffer no matter how much I want him to stay here with me. I love him more than my selfishness. Sorry aI don't mean to be such a downer. I will try to stay positive that he might just turn around and beat this

• Admin

I put his nightly dose of MMs in and he will only eat a few and leaves the rest behind. With his symptoms worsening can I try some water born meds?

let me get the mods brains on this :)

I did the silver dip for 5 min in 1 gal of tank water 6 drops. How many times should I be doing this. Every day or every other?

I dont know what Silver will do with other meds hun....I would suggest either the water borne or the silver hun....

I feel so bad for this little one... can you give us photo update when you can hun :)

I put his nightly dose of MMs in and he will only eat a few and leaves the rest behind. With his symptoms worsening can I try some water born meds?

I did the silver dip for 5 min in 1 gal of tank water 6 drops. How many times should I be doing this. Every day or every other?

I dont know what Silver will do with other meds hun....I would suggest either the water borne or the silver hun....

I feel so bad for this little one... can you give us photo update when you can hun :)

This morning looked iffy for him. He is starting to curve. . I gave him a 100% WC put all the meds back in as its due again. He stopped eating. Im hoping when i get home from work he's still alive. I'll get a pic if he's still eith us when i get home. I might even pick up clove oil if i think he's beyond saving. Im devistated

Thank you Lisa.

Also I believe I found the culprit of the unexplained illnesses. The volcano I had in the tank had a diffuser in it so I figured it would be safe. Every WC i lifted it up vacuum around it. Well when Citrus died I went through the tank taking out everything except live plants. When i looked under the volcano, there was so much junk trapped to the walls of it that i didn't notice... i was horrified. It got thrown out but a sad and painful lesson learned

Koko I want to thank you for all your help in trying to save Skipper. Sadly he passed today. We tried everything and I appreciate all you have done to help. I have learned some hard and painful lessons but I am better now for it. The volcano is gone as it trapped so much junk inside even though it had a diffuser, so im thinking that carried all the bacteria even though I lifted it during WC's the junk was trapped to the walls. :(

• Admin

Koko I want to thank you for all your help in trying to save Skipper. Sadly he passed today. We tried everything and I appreciate all you have done to help. I have learned some hard and painful lessons but I am better now for it. The volcano is gone as it trapped so much junk inside even though it had a diffuser, so im thinking that carried all the bacteria even though I lifted it during WC's the junk was trapped to the walls. :(

Im so sorry hun. I had to learn the hard way to with a log in my tank... I can suggest one thing for you and the rest of your crew... I would place one drop of silver in the tank.. JUST ONE! this will help kill that bad stuff in there... again Im so so sorry hun :(

Im so sorry hun. I had to learn the hard way to with a log in my tank... I can suggest one thing for you and the rest of your crew... I would place one drop of silver in the tank.. JUST ONE! this will help kill that bad stuff in there... again Im so so sorry hun :(

Thank you Koko. I will do that now... I have such great support on here! ♡ u guys!!

Defiantly not getting that volcano i planned to get for the new tank :no:

Defiantly not getting that volcano i planned to get for the new tank :no:

I couldn't remember who I talked to about it, and im glad you saw this... yes stay away

I'm really sorry to hear this, but I'm not convinced it was the volcano...especially if you cleaned under it after every water change.  It could have been any number of things that may even have started before you got these fish. Without scientific proof you can't know for sure and are better not to jump to conclusions.  That's how fallacies are born.  So, don't blame yourself  :hug

Edited by Jared

I'm really sorry to hear this, but I'm not convinced it was the volcano...especially if you cleaned under it after every water change.  It could have been any number of things that may even have started before you got these fish. Without scientific proof you can't know for sure and are better not to jump to conclusions.  That's how fallacies are born.  So, don't blame yourself  :hug

Thank you Jared. I was thinking of getting a microscope to find out but I didn't have the heart to go through with such a task