Am I just paranoid or is this a problem?

Cdionne77

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see that you have done anything wrong.  Sometimes a usually harmless free-living bacteria mutates to a form that can cause disease.  I'm not saying that's what happened here, just that we can't control everything no matter how hard we try.

I think you should start feeding him Metromeds.  

I can't see that you have done anything wrong.  Sometimes a usually harmless free-living bacteria mutates to a form that can cause disease.  I'm not saying that's what happened here, just that we can't control everything no matter how hard we try.

I think you should start feeding him Metromeds.

Thank you Sharon. I needed that boost of confidence. Im still pretty new at this and every time something goes wrong I attack myself. I try my hardest to keep them healthy, I just have to start realizing that not everything is in my control. I'll weight him when I get home to give exact amount for metromeds. I might need help on that. That week he was I believe 60g

• Admin

I dont think you did anything wrong either... I just get worried with rocks and such as I put a wrong rock in and my fish got Septia :( That was the only thing in your tank that just caught my eye and dont want the same to happen to you hun :)

:hug

Let us know his weight and we'll tell you how many pellets.  I agree with Sharon.  I don't think it's anything you did/didn't do . . .   :hug

Thank you Lisa, I always end up blaming myself, I need to relax and realize not everything is in my control. I can tey and give them the best life possible but things will happen. He weighs 62g

Maybe the glue i used on the plants. Its the loctite gel glue

I have used this type of glue without problems, so I think you can eliminate this from being the source of problems for Skipper or any of your fish.

I dont think you did anything wrong either... I just get worried with rocks and such as I put a wrong rock in and my fish got Septia :( That was the only thing in your tank that just caught my eye and dont want the same to happen to you hun :)

:hug

I just examined the rock, and my heart just sank. It looked that a rock formed on another rock but scrubbing it and wiping it down i noticed brown on the paper towel. Examining it further it reminds me of rust. OMG!!! I got this at Petsmart for aquariums. Now what? Could the rest potentially get sick? Koko thank you for seeing that Edited by Cdionne77

If it makes you uncomfortable, remove it.  The most usual source of rust-color on an aquarium item is diatoms.

I removed it and the other two that were in same package.

Maybe the glue i used on the plants. Its the loctite gel glue

I have used this type of glue without problems, so I think you can eliminate this from being the source of problems for Skipper or any of your fish.

Me too.   Same stuff.  For years . . .

25 pellets per day please.  :D

• Admin

If it makes you uncomfortable, remove it.  The most usual source of rust-color on an aquarium item is diatoms.

I agree hun, but I have seen many a times that River rocks can have some kind of metal in it.

I agree hun, but I have seen many a times that River rocks can have some kind of metal in it.

I didn't want to take any chances, if I can't identify it it goes in the trash

Skipper not doing any better. In fact it looks like he is worse. loosing scale, and looks like he's got some internal bleeding near the hump, and seems very slimy. I have been giving him 25 pellets of MM's a day and changing his QT 50 to 100% every day. I have Furan 2 and Seachem Metro and kana powder. See pics

20150912_202247_zpsymke9sic.jpg

Missing Scales

20150912_200317_zpsebpvfbs5.jpg

20150912_200312_zpsopootg8z.jpg

20150912_200242_zpss9gxc7br.jpg

Is he eating the MMs?

He is but I have to give it to him slowly like one at a time because he won't eat much if I don't. I give him 10 in the morning 10 in afternoon and 5 at night. I was thinking of maybe enticing him with some crushed garlic in some pantyhose because he don't seem interested most of the time

:hmm I prefer he take the MMs as long as he will eat them.

If we need to switch to waterborne you've got everything you'll need. :)

ok...will keep doing so. I was horrified that he was getting worse. I was going to add .01% salt because of the missing scales and the redness and sliminess, but was unsure of the MM's combo and salt interaction