Sign in to follow this  
Cdionne77

Am I just paranoid or is this a problem?

• * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tank) 5ppm
  • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) 5ppm
  • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.0 kh6
  • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2 kh2
  • Other Required Info:

• * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API liquid drops
    • * Water temperature? 75 *F
    • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 75g running a couple of weeks as it i an upgrade from 40b
    • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? SunSun HW404b canister(525gpg) and AC 110 (500gph)
    • * How often do you change the water and how much? 50% every 2-3 days max
    • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Saturday 50%
    • * How many fish in the tank and their size? (4) 3+"
    • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime and baking soda
    • * What do you feed your fish and how often? just a mouth full 3x a day
    • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
    • * Any medications added to the tank? .03% salt for ICH treatment started on (8-15-15) treatment ended as I saw they had no ICH. I continued salt and heat for a remaining 10 day period. Treatment ended 9/3/15
    • Started maintenance prazi on saturday regular dose no salt. will be doing 2 rounds 
    • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Prazi and salt treatment 4+ rounds about 6 months ago. .03% salt for ich treatment on 8-15-15 ending on 9/3/15
    • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? no
    • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Bottom sitting

• For the past 4 days Skipper has been just bottom sitting, he will come out of the corner when being fed, but after that he will just sit at the bottom. I started a maintenance round of prazi (no salt) just to be on the safe side. He shows no other signs of being ill other than bottomsitting.
  • I am wondering if it could be something internal. All other 3 fish in tank are active and doing fine. Could I just be paranoid? After loosing Citrus I don't want to take any chances.   

I have a pic of a full tank shot. I am just waiting for it to finally upload

Could be normal, but it could also be a symptom. Pictures will help :)

Could be normal, but it could also be a symptom. Pictures will help :)

Full tank shot... Skipper is on the left, and that's pretty much were he will stay. If he moves it will just be to the other end and he will sit, but it's mostly there

20150908_215420_zpsnjjy1muw.jpg

Edited by Cdionne77

AM and the rest of the mod team will advise you. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about Skipper. Healing vibes to him!

Edited by LisaCGold

AM and the rest of the mod team will advise you. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about Skipper.

Thank you! 

Skipper has always been a "lazy" fish were he likes to bottom sit from time to time. He has done that since I got him a year ago. But it has never been like this for 4 days not really moving other than eating and swimming to other side of tank to bottomsit. He also has been pooping normal that I can tell. He was resting near some poop this morning, but I'm not quite sure it is his. I haven't physically seen him poop today or yesterday as I was working all day, but my husband has said he just sits there and doesn't move much. 

So I am left with should I just keep observing? I don't want to medicate for no reason, but if could be a internal thing, do I wait...ahhh 

I took a video also. It's a 5 min video of his behavior. The thing is, whenever Skipper would see me he would come right to me. Now it looks like he tries to stay away from me. I would go to his side of the tank and he would move to the other side, so I would move to that side, and again he would move. Not like the fish that would come up to me no matter what side I was on and just look at me, and has been doing these cute silly things since the day I got him. He was always very very interactive with me. This is just very odd behavior for him. This is why I have a suspicious feeling he could very well be ill

Edited by Cdionne77

Here is a video of his behavior. Sorry it's 5 min long but I wanted you to have a good look at everything including his respiratory while bottomsitting

http://vid40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/cdionne77/20150908_224427_zpsyk1yitgk.mp4

Hi there :hi

My guy was bottom sitting last week and once i started feeding him a serve of greens (spinach or broc) each day or every other day he was up and about in no time, i also started soaking the pellets in tank water for 5min before feeding. He was a bit bound up :yikes 

Hi there :hi

My guy was bottom sitting last week and once i started feeding him a serve of greens (spinach or broc) each day or every other day he was up and about in no time, i also started soaking the pellets in tank water for 5min before feeding. He was a bit bound up :yikes

Thank you :) they do get their fair share of greens, and i give them peas at least 4 times a week. I do feed them lightly just a mouth full 3x a day. It could be that he is backed up. I just had my precious oranda pass away on me Sunday so I could just be a bit over paranoid

Oh, Im so sorry. I just realised this after looking at ur profile :(. Citrus was one gorgeous fish... Maybe Skipper is a bit sad too?

I love that volcano btw! 

Oh thank you, Citrus was very graceful and sweet. Will miss her a ton. Skipper was her mated pair but I am not sure if GF realize when one is gone, but I could be wrong. And the volcano my son calls the "ring of fire" from the Finding Nemo movie. :teehee

You are probably right...but i guess we don't really know... :I-Thank-You:

My son would love that feature in our tank, i might have to look into it :)

Unfortunately kind of bottom sitting with droopy fins isn't healthy laziness. Please put him in a qt and get some really close, well lit side and top view shots of him, we may be able to see something amiss :)

Since you just had a fish die suddenly without any serious symptoms, I think we need to take this behavior seriously.  What medications do you have?

Goldfish definitely express distress when losing a tankmate, however that behavior begins immediately after the loss. Did that happen in this case?

Does he have a normal appetite? 

Since you just had a fish die suddenly without any serious symptoms, I think we need to take this behavior seriously.  What medications do you have?

Goldfish definitely express distress when losing a tankmate, however that behavior begins immediately after the loss. Did that happen in this case?

Does he have a normal appetite?

He has a normal appetite. This all happened a day before my oranda passed. I sm working but will get him in a QT as soon as i get home. I have seachem metro and kana powder, furan2, Epsom salt, canning salt, melafix, snd metro meds and medi gold unopened from goldfish connection

I'm reporting this to the mod team for all recommendations.  I'm glad you have metromeds.

I'm reporting this to the mod team for all recommendations.  I'm glad you have metromeds.

Thank you Sharon

Unfortunately kind of bottom sitting with droopy fins isn't healthy laziness. Please put him in a qt and get some really close, well lit side and top view shots of him, we may be able to see something amiss :)

I knew something was up. Thank you, i am at work but will get him in QT as soon as i get home and try to get some good side snd top view shots

I am baffled at how these fish are getting so sick. I change water every 2-3 days 50% i rinse the AC 110 every 2 weeks. The canister i just put in, and its still clean. New plants were disinfected with bleach and water and then soaked in clean primed water twice before putting in.

Hey hun one thing that was bothering me in your tank..... That rock in the middle with the plant on it... its got a slightly differnt color on the rock... can you make sure its not some kind of metal :(

Hey hun one thing that was bothering me in your tank..... That rock in the middle with the plant on it... its got a slightly differnt color on the rock... can you make sure its not some kind of metal :(

I don't think its metel i think its just another color of rock on it but i can double check when i get home. I did buy them at Petsmart in the fish department. I hope they didn't sell me anything harmful :(