Butterfly's pond and flowers

Butterfly

End of the season. Starting to pull up my lillies.

What do you do with them when you pull them up? I'm tempted to pull ALL of mine out this winter.

I had waterlily fungus and pulled one up and just kept it watered outside of the pond hoping that would kill the fungus....nope.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh! A heron found my pond and looks like all of my smaller fish are gone. Wakins, a small koi and a bunch of koi babies. Still have my biggest two.

I'm so sorry for your loss. sadhug.gif

End of the season. Starting to pull up my lillies.

What do you do with them when you pull them up? I'm tempted to pull ALL of mine out this winter.

I had waterlily fungus and pulled one up and just kept it watered outside of the pond hoping that would kill the fungus....nope.

The ones I pull are tropical. So I unpot them, pull out the tubers and put the rest in the compost pile. I store the tubers over winter and then restart them in the late winter/early spring. I usually get several tubers out of each plant so I have extra in case a tuber should rot or if I want to sprout more.

I've heard some people pull up the pots, bag up everything in black trash bags and store in a cool place over winter. I think there is varying success with that method. I just like to start clean each spring.

Argh! A heron found my pond and looks like all of my smaller fish are gone. Wakins, a small koi and a bunch of koi babies. Still have my biggest two.

I'm so sorry for your loss. sadhug.gif

Thanks, but I guess I should have updated this thread. I think I mentioned it only in passing in another thread.

All my fish magically came back. Like the stork brought them. LOL!

They were apparently all hiding really, really well for over a month after the heron scare. As far as I can tell I didn't actually lose any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. Good, thanks for asking. Pond and yard are just blah over this patch of warm rainy winter. I've been thinking I'll probably get my tropical lilies started in the garage come Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Butterfly said:

Hi. Good, thanks for asking. Pond and yard are just blah over this patch of warm rainy winter. I've been thinking I'll probably get my tropical lilies started in the garage come Feb.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your gorgeous pond and plants!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
1 hour ago, Butterfly said:

Not my pond, but betta tank.

Cherry, apple, banana... very fruity...

38795bc7c0659bfd3fc731de6afad748.jpg

Great shot you should enter Aquatic of the Month hun  :thumbup2:

Great shot you should enter Aquatic of the Month hun  :thumbup2:

Thanks. I would, but I don't have a photo bucket account (and really don't otherwise need or want one). I used to upload with picasa but that's no longer supported and I can't upload with google photos. So I upload all my photos now through tapatalk which is generally easier anyway with the photos I take from my phone (and since I read the forum from my phone too). Unless there's an easier way to upload off my phone that I'm missing?

• Admin
5 hours ago, Butterfly said:

Thanks. I would, but I don't have a photo bucket account (and really don't otherwise need or want one). I used to upload with picasa but that's no longer supported and I can't upload with google photos. So I upload all my photos now through tapatalk which is generally easier anyway with the photos I take from my phone (and since I read the forum from my phone too). Unless there's an easier way to upload off my phone that I'm missing?

your a subby you should try and upload to the site if they arent HUGE :) 

• Admin
5 hours ago, Butterfly said:

you can use Tapatalk on my Contests... no problem :thumbs: 

you can use Tapatalk on my Contests... no problem :thumbs: 

Okay. My bad, I thought the Tapatalk photos didn't work with the contests. I will enter a few from now on!