Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly

Butterfly's pond and flowers

Awesome

What a nice pond. I don't have the space for such a large pond (or the money). Cute Koi as well!

My first lily of the season.  This is a hardy called Sunfire (Mike Giles).  I love the tropicals but I wouldn't be unhappy with a pond of just these either.

IMG_0998.JPG

King of Siam

IMG_1328.JPG

Rhonda Kay:

IMG_1329.JPG

Leopardess.  Got it for the pads.  No blooms yet.  Had a rough start with the tropicals this year.

IMG_1330.JPG

Butterfly koi:

IMG_1333.JPG

How did I miss this???..... beautiful pond!!!!

Wow those flowers are beautiful!

Leopardess.  Got it for the pads.  No blooms yet.  Had a rough start with the tropicals this year.

IMG_1330.JPG

WANT!!!  Too bad I don't have a large enough tank(and no pond) to handle the monster sized leaves.

Do you dose iron?

Leopardess. Got it for the pads. No blooms yet. Had a rough start with the tropicals this year.

IMG_1330.JPG

WANT!!! Too bad I don't have a large enough tank(and no pond) to handle the monster sized leaves.

Do you dose iron?

Hi,

I don't dose anything in the pond. I grow these each spring from tubers I harvested the previous fall in pots filled with clay kitty litter and a dash of laterite. I feed them with pond tabs, basically big aquarium "root tabs".

Wow those lollies: yikes

Same Rhonda Kay, but today with 4 blooms.  They smell so nice too.

IMG_1406.JPG

King of Siam with 2 blooms:

IMG_1407.JPG

Leopardess and Day Glow have buds coming up as do my recently divided and repotted Sunfire.

Here are the pads of Day Glow.  The younger pads are redder and then fade to more green tones as they age:

IMG_1410.JPGIMG_1411.JPG

Same Rhonda Kay, but today with 4 blooms.  They smell so nice too.

IMG_1406.JPG

King of Siam with 2 blooms:

IMG_1407.JPG

Leopardess and Day Glow have buds coming up as do my recently divided and repotted Sunfire.

Here are the pads of Day Glow.  The younger pads are redder and then fade to more green tones as they age:

IMG_1410.JPGIMG_1411.JPG

GORGEOUS!!!!

Wow! That is my absolute dream pond!  :wub:

Please keep posting photos! I love looking at them all. :)

I dearly wish we could have a pond in our backyard, but we live in SoCal, in high desert hills, with large flocks of crows who'd probably eat any fish we put outside.

Thanks all.  The worst thing about the lilies I potted this year is that I started with all day bloomers and I'm missing a lot of the blooms while at work.  The night bloomers I have are large vigorous plants and early this spring I thought it'd be easier to deal with the slightly better behaved day bloomers this season.  Anyway, I do have one night bloomer (I started much later than the others) getting to nearly blooming size now and another little tuber going so not all is lost I guess.

Here are some other things around the pond.

This is a rain lily.  Only bloom so far.  I was given it last fall and somehow it survived potted in my garage until I got it in the bog this spring.  It's kind of just sitting there so far, I'm hoping it will spread out a little more!

IMG_1438.JPGIMG_1439.JPG

First blooms of one of my hardy hibiscus.  I love these plants and have 4 cultivars.  This is Pinot Grigio.

IMG_1456.JPG

Some kind of chicks and hens that I have growing in the crevices of a boulder.  This one has a pup and I guess is getting ready to bloom too.  That will be the first time it's done that.

IMG_1457.JPGIMG_1458.JPG

Persian Shield.  Love this colors of this. They usually get about 2 feet tall for me but had a hard start with our cold spring.

IMG_1462.JPG

These were dollar store gladiolus bulbs.  I planted them between some iris by the side of my house last year.  I didn't have the time or desire to pull the bulbs last fall but they seem to have mostly survived.  Lucky me!

IMG_1459.JPGIMG_1461.JPG

And here is a visitor I found peeking in our front window!  I took this with a clip on phone camera macro lens through the window which is why there is that distortion.  I had no intention of getting closer to it!

IMG_1452.JPG

Thanks all.  The worst thing about the lilies I potted this year is that I started with all day bloomers and I'm missing a lot of the blooms while at work.  The night bloomers I have are large vigorous plants and early this spring I thought it'd be easier to deal with the slightly better behaved day bloomers this season.  Anyway, I do have one night bloomer (I started much later than the others) getting to nearly blooming size now and another little tuber going so not all is lost I guess.

Here are some other things around the pond.

This is a rain lily.  Only bloom so far.  I was given it last fall and somehow it survived potted in my garage until I got it in the bog this spring.  It's kind of just sitting there so far, I'm hoping it will spread out a little more!

IMG_1438.JPGIMG_1439.JPG

First blooms of one of my hardy hibiscus.  I love these plants and have 4 cultivars.  This is Pinot Grigio.

IMG_1456.JPG

Some kind of chicks and hens that I have growing in the crevices of a boulder.  This one has a pup and I guess is getting ready to bloom too.  That will be the first time it's done that.

IMG_1457.JPGIMG_1458.JPG

Persian Shield.  Love this colors of this. They usually get about 2 feet tall for me but had a hard start with our cold spring.

IMG_1462.JPG

These were dollar store gladiolus bulbs.  I planted them between some iris by the side of my house last year.  I didn't have the time or desire to pull the bulbs last fall but they seem to have mostly survived.  Lucky me!

IMG_1459.JPGIMG_1461.JPG

And here is a visitor I found peeking in our front window!  I took this with a clip on phone camera macro lens through the window which is why there is that distortion.  I had no intention of getting closer to it!

IMG_1452.JPG

You have the most beautiful plants!!!!!

My hens and chicks bloom!  Not bad for a $5 clip on macro lens!

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

And I caught a Leopardess bloom open. :D

IMG_1493.JPG

And the first bud of my night bloomer Texas Shell Pink.

IMG_1494.JPG

Those are just awsome.. Love pond flowers :)

More happy flower pictures.

This is "Summer Storm" hardy hibiscus.  SO hot out there that everything except the water plants are drooping.

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

This is my newest tropical lily, Green Smoke.

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

My husband got this pic of a visitor.

IMG_1581.JPG

This is hardy hibiscus, Midnight Marvel

IMG_1582.JPG

A bouquet of Day Glow

IMG_1583.JPG

Guardian of the pond laying low!

IMG_1584.JPG

My husband got this pic of a visitor.

IMG_1581.JPG

This is hardy hibiscus, Midnight Marvel

IMG_1582.JPG

A bouquet of Day Glow

IMG_1583.JPG

Guardian of the pond laying low!

IMG_1584.JPG

Gorgeous!!!

Ugh it is so brutal out! I want out 70f range temps back!

I've been trying to water the lawn with removed tank water but its still burnt from the heat (and lack of rain) >.<

You make me wish i had a huge pond so I could grow all these lillies!!

Lovely photos as always ^^

Edited by AquaAurora

Hope I'm not boring you all with the flower pics!  I love to have a place to post them so when winter comes I can remember what is out there!

Hardy Hibiscus Pink Elephant:

IMG_1617.JPGIMG_1618.JPG

More Summer Storm before the forcasted summer storms wipe them out:

IMG_1622.JPG IMG_1623.JPG

Tons of buds on Leopardess:

IMG_1625.JPG

My 2 Midnight Marvels flanking Black Eyed Susans:

IMG_1627.JPG

Color is a little washed out here.  They are more burgundy than fuschia.

IMG_1631.JPG

Chicks and Hens in full bloom!

IMG_1633.JPG

Crepe Myrtle in front of house:

IMG_1615.JPG

Edited by Butterfly

Just gorgeous!  I think I said "wow" at each photo :D

I never get tired of your pretty water garden. I don't think I could ever grow it myself but it is wow!