Do these look like a good deal?

With how much weight a 55 gal will be, I just want to make sure I buy an appropriate stand for starters (don't want it collapsing under the weight of the tank!!).

Here's one of the 55 gallon stands I like:  http://www.petco.com/product/101396/Aquatic-Fundamentals-55-Gallon-Upright-Aquarium-Stand.aspx?CoreCat=certona-_-ProductDetail_2-_-Aquatic%20Fundamentals%2055%20Gallon%20Upright%20Aquarium%20Stand-101396

Here's one that says it supports up to 75 gallons: http://www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-center-shelf-aquarium-stand-zid36-17808/cat-36-catid-300013?var_id=36-17808&_t=pfm%3Dcategory%26pfmvalue%3Dfaceted

And another that says it supports up to 75 gallons: http://www.petsmart.com/fish/aquariums-stands/top-fin-rta-aquarium-stand-zid36-20579/cat-36-catid-300013?var_id=36-20579&_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Do you think any of these will do?  

Pet Supplies Plus's homepage says they're doing a dollar per gallon sale on aqueon tanks - does anyone know how reliable this brand of aquarium is?

I was also thinking of picking up a cheapo walmart 55 gallon, but I used to work at a wal*mart and don't want to support them and b) am not sure of quality of the product.  Are there any brands of aquariums I should avoid?

Thanks again guys!

Any of those stands will work.  If it's a stand made for a certain tank, it will certainly hold.  What makes me nervous is when someone uses and old piece of furniture made to hold sweaters.  :rofl

Aqueon tanks are great.  Don't go cheap with a tank.  It's not worth it . . . When Petco does their dpg sale, sometimes they have Aqueon tanks but often they only have Tetra.  I've had lots of trouble with tetra tanks.  Go for the Aqueon.  :D

When I was looking for a stand I was going to go with the first and second link you have because I heard good things about the stand. In the end I ended up with a metal stand because I got a good deal on it.  As far as Walmart  fish tank, My daughter has the 10 gal (generic name) one from Walmart for her betta fish, and we have not had one problem with it at all, as we have had it for over a year now. I can't think of anyone specific one to avoid

Thanks so much for the info and reassurance guys!!  So I hurried and went out to our nearest pet supplies plus and bought a 55 and the aqueon "deluxe full hood"!!  There's no canopy to it though, but since it's a standard sized tank it shouldn't be too hard to find.  

The spot I picked for the tank is an exterior wall, and the landlord said the supports run perpendicular to that, so it should be okay - other than it's next to a vent and a window, but the windows have thick blinds that my fiance is always worried about keeping shut so I don't imagine it'll get too much extra light.  I figured, if nothing else, I could put a heater in the tank to counter the H/AC vent being close by (it's blowing next to it, not directly on it) to help minimize any fluctuations in temperature it might cause.  The spot where our computer is looks like a better spot, but I don't know if it's a load bearing wall or not, so that leaves me with the wall I chose lol.