My New Betta!

Mikey

Thank you!! :) that's my usual set up when I use the mini bow filter :teehee it works so much better in my opinion than the cartridges.

I have two big Anubis (nana and coffeefoloia) and some smaller petite nana I believe as well as some Java fern and a crypt.

• 1 month later...

i like  the  colours  of your betta  !   i have one   in a 10 gallons  tank  with  anubias  ....  i guess  you need to buy  a tank of at least 5 gallons 

good luck  , take care  oh him  :hi

i like  the  colours  of your betta  !   i have one   in a 10 gallons  tank  with  anubias  ....  i guess  you need to buy  a tank of at least 5 gallons 

good luck  , take care  oh him  :hi

The one gallon is all I can fit in my room, but he is plenty happy. My room stays warm for him, he has a filter, and tons of plants. I have my other betta in a planted ten gallon tank with now two guppies, three nerite snails, and a Siamese algae eater.

Pretty betta but needs a lot more plants to call it heavily planted.  Off to a great start though.  Until then do twice a week water changes and he well be just fine.

thanks! If I put more than 1 or two more plants in, I don't know if he would have any room to swim :idont

He's gotten 100% daily since day one :D

I think 100% daily is too much. It's a tropical fish after all. Just saying, it's up to you to decide, but I'd suggest you do 70% every other day.

Pretty betta but needs a lot more plants to call it heavily planted. Off to a great start though. Until then do twice a week water changes and he well be just fine.

thanks! If I put more than 1 or two more plants in, I don't know if he would have any room to swim :idont

I think 100% daily is too much. It's a tropical fish after all. Just saying, it's up to you to decide, but I'd suggest you do 70% every other day.
he isn't getting them daily anymore. He didn't have his tsnk set up and I was doing that until it was set up. That was posted two months ago if you looked at the date. And even being a tropical fish it does not matter if I gave a 100% daily as long as the pH and temperature was matched. That goes for ANY fish.

Your betta looks lovely Mikey!!! Can we see photos of your other betta and tank too??? Please???? Pretty please???? with a cherry on top???

:please:photo::Submit:

sure :) let me get some pictures later.

Pretty betta but needs a lot more plants to call it heavily planted. Off to a great start though. Until then do twice a week water changes and he well be just fine.

he isn't getting them daily anymore. He didn't have his tsnk set up and I was doing that until it was set up. That was posted two months ago if you looked at the date. And even being a tropical fish it does not matter if I gave a 100% daily as long as the pH and temperature was matched. That goes for ANY fish.

Not really but as you wish.

Okay, well it's just known facts and we say it all the time that you can change as much water as possible as long as you match the pH and temperature. I'm not trying to argue here.

Nothing wrong with 100% daily changes if you actually know how to do it.  I do that with my most recent rescue betta, hes gotten 100% daily in his 1.5gal bucket, and its show IMMENSELY how good they are for the fish.