Ferts must be working....

QandD

... since after getting back from a business trip I saw something floating around the tank. Initially I thought that my juvenile oranda, Vickie, had plucked off a burgeoning dwarf lily from its bulb, which she occasionally does when she's bored or getting rough with digging.

But then I saw that it was a baby crypt!! (Excuse diatoms--pretty new cycle.)

20150828_171820_zps6hkp7sec.jpg

I planted it next to its mom. I was surprised to see how quickly it must have grown! I only was gone for two days!

Anyway, I was excited and wanted to share my plant baby. So much for slower-growing crypts, I guess!

Baby crypt! :):rofl

Some crypts grow faster than others. Parva is considered the slowest (we're talking years in high tech), but ones like wendtii can grow considerably large over two or three months. Once they get past the initial shock of being planted, crypts tend to just motor along. :)

Baby crypt! :):rofl

Some crypts grow faster than others. Parva is considered the slowest (we're talking years in high tech), but ones like wendtii can grow considerably large over two or three months. Once they get past the initial shock of being planted, crypts tend to just motor along. :)

Good to know! I hope it continues to propagate. 

Neat to see your new plant! :) I'm definitely keeping an eye on for different sorts, since my fish have suddenly decided that baby Amazon leaves make nice snacks.... will probably have to replace those soon. The more variety, the more likely something will thrive!