Salt & Fresh water fish together !?

210 Oranda

I'm wondering if they met in the middle salinity wise of the clownfish and then acclimated the goldfish and clownfish very very slowly. That's just a guess though.

I know that there are fish sold as freshwater fish which really live in brackish rivers, meaning that the salinity of goes up and down. I doubt goldfish are one of those.

personally, marine fish have evolved to live in salt watef. Goldies are a subspecies of carp that like mudponds. Anything in between is surely just a compromise that will cause long term harm.

here's my quote "People survived the concentration camps, they did not enough and would never thrive in one. Fish may survive in a tank but it doesn't mean they're thriving."

• 4 weeks later...

Beyond the unnatural water parameters that both fish types must be experiencing -- clownfish can grow up to be territorial.  I've had peaceful adult clownfish, but that happens when the other fish in the tank are equally as strong/territorial so they all respect each other, and there is enough space for all fish to have their "spot."  Since goldfish (in my experience) are not at all territorial, the clownfish would end up being "the boss."  Even if both fish acclimated properly and lived, eventually the clownfish would most likely bully the goldfish.