4th Video 15 gallon nano reef

Hidr

Fuzzy for the most part. Ill try again this evening after the sun goes down to get a better one. Got a lot of glare too.  I trimmed on the leather tree yesterday so a little mad but it is back to normal now.

Edited by Hidr

I have two fish in there that their main diet is GHA but they are tiny so they don't eat much. lol Ya a pleco would be nice.  

I wanted a Salt water for many years.  They are not cheep and a lot more work so far then any of my fresh water tanks.

Weekly water changes takes me about 2 hours.  I have to take out water clean off as much algae as I can and then use my turkey baster to blast as much stuff off the rocks as I can.  I do the turkey baster as much as I can stand it between water changes.  

Then the corals need to be spot fed.  Not doing any feeding right now but I well once the GHA is much less.  The corals are ok but they do better and grow faster if you spot feed them.I have a special tool I do that with and that also takes some time.  Hoping to start doing that two or three times a week when I can start feeding again.

And even after this tank settles I will always have to stay on top of water testing.  Things can go south in a saltwater tank this small very fast.  And then take months to fix.  

Hoping to upgrade to the 29 Coralife tank. But can't talk hubby into it with this one causing me so much trouble.  I do have my eye out for a used one.

So if you do go with one I say start with at least 29 gallons or more.  It well cost a little more but I believe you will have less problems.

Thanks for all the information, Angie. :)

I don't really plan on setting a saltwater tank up, but I was curious to see what goes into maintaing one. Our power is too irregular for my liking—who would have thought that would be a problem in a first world metropolitan city?

We have a generator cause of where we live the power does go out and when there is a massive power outage we are last cause this area has the least people in it.  The generator we have well run fish tanks a fan and the frig.  Its a big one. Now we have two. lol Hubby got one on sale.