New pond mark II

colley614

This is so cool to watch. I'm just starting with a 55 gallon tank. The work you're doing is huge and fantastic. Tons of fun to see and read about. Thanks for sharing. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've just spent the last two days constantly working on this project. I was up at 7 yesterday and worked from 8am until after 9pm. I then worked today from 8am-8:15pm, with a couple of visits to the fish store for bits.

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

Sorry the last two are hard to see but it had gone dark by the time I finished last night.

So today I started skimming and built a waterfall.

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

Then I put the new K1 in a barral with an old pump to start the cycling.

IMG_1223.jpg

And finally, I started the home made filter system.

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

The vortex.

IMG_1231.jpg

This one will have my fluidised bed of K1 in. I will put my pump at the bottom.

IMG_1232.jpg

The waterfall I made doesn't look very clear.

IMG_1235.jpg

I filled the filters before and found a few small leaks, sealed them, let it go off and filled it up and found a few more leaks. I've measured it and it is 4000 litres. The filters are about 400, the magic 10% filtration. It actually measures 5 foot 7 wide. 8 foot 2 long and 3 feet deep. Should be full tomorrow.

It took me three months to build a pond half that size.  I've never finished it, but it has fish in it, working filters and continuous drip water change.  It just looks terrible.  :(

Shakaho,

My new pond mark I was bad. It was 10 foot by 4 foot by 6 feet deep. I never finished it and always had my wife complaining so I got rid of it and started again. I did everything wrong the first time around. The new pond is a lot better planned out from the start.

Shakaho,

My new pond mark I was bad. It was 10 foot by 4 foot by 6 feet deep. I never finished it and always had my wife complaining so I got rid of it and started again. I did everything wrong the first time around. The new pond is a lot better planned out from the start.

I give up.  I've done searches, but I can't find what "pond mark" means.  

I am dealing with a lot of leaks at present. I waited for a week of sunshine as it said the sealer needs to harden for 72 hours. But within 12 hours of sealing it we had torrential rain all night and the pond is leaking. I went to the local pond shop today who told me I will have to skim the pond again and then reseal it.

I wont be building anything bigger, I am having enough fun with this set up.

I am confident I will sort the leaks. It is jusg a little disheartening at the moment.