The Wen of Wonton

jenste

I have a spunky little lionhead and thought I would start a thread to watch his Wen grow.

Just started Wonton on a diet with Hikari Lionhead added in once a day.  
Wonton is still small, not sure if a he or she yet.  

Weighs 9g, no wen developing yet. 

dbf77c72-f427-46be-8617-bfcd6d3fc3d2_zps

Thanks AM!   

I am looking forward to seeing how s/he grows.  Whether the wen is big, small, lopsided lol it doesn't matter to me so long as s/he is healthy.

Now that s/he will actually eat the Hikari Lionhead food I will see what happens. My goldfish also gets an assortment of foods including Omega One, chopped up earth worms, frozen blood worms, algae wagers, broccoli, squash, cucumber, spinach, and peas.   I am considering adding Replashi into the mix as well. 

Thank you!! He's just the teeniest little muffin I have right now.   Can't wait to see him grow!  I am kind of glad I ended up with him as he is just so spunky. You'd never guess he was about 1/4th the weight of everyone else

He is super cute,good luck with the wen growth :)

Thank you :)

He is adorable!

Also try frozen bloodworms as a supplement if you don't have any luck with the Hikari. They're a go-to for good growth all around, but seem to help with wen growth especially. They're very nutrient-packed as well, so are good for the fish regardless.

Soooo cute!!

My little lionhead never did grow a wen.. Guess i could start calling him an eggfish at this point. :rofl But! I love him all the more for it. :heart

What a cutiepie!

Sounds like you're doing everything right, and I'll also second the bloodworm recommendation. A little extra protein is good of young, growing fish.

Plus your fish will love you for it. You can almost hear mine squeal when its bloodworm day. :)

Edited by Phil B.

He's so cute.. I love the name Wonton :teehee

Thank you!!! He reminds us of a little fortune cookie so it just stuck!

I love these threads! It's so exciting to see little goldies grow up to be big and healthy.

Can't wait to see more of Wonton!

Thank you Blitz!! Here's hoping the new Hikari Lionhead food helps him as much as it can :)

Me want, want Wonton!! What an adorable little one!

Thank you Lisa!!! I think he may be the teeniest goldfish I have ever owned! Most I think have been about twice his size when I brought them home....I feel like I am raising him :)

Aw such a cutie! I can't wait to see as he grows

Thanks FishyMandy!!!  I plan on doing at least a monthly weigh in with wen picture :)

Wonton is a cutie. :D

He's so cute.. I love the name Wonton :teehee

So do I! :rofl

He was the easiest goldfish that we ever named - watching him swim around and it just popped out after watching his little butt wiggling around. 

He is adorable!

Also try frozen bloodworms as a supplement if you don't have any luck with the Hikari. They're a go-to for good growth all around, but seem to help with wen growth especially. They're very nutrient-packed as well, so are good for the fish regardless.

They have been getting frozen bloodworms usually about once a week but I am increasing the frequency.   It was initially just an odd thing for me because for my African Clawed Frogs bloodworms are now showing increased correlation with health issues such as bloating (which for them can be fatal if untreated) where as a few years ago people were feeding them bloodworms left and right.   So I need to restock my freezer. 

I have a close relationship with my local bait store for earth worms because of that - Every tank loves worms!

I see nothing wrong with his wen. :rofl3

He's a cutie! :)

They have been getting frozen bloodworms usually about once a week but I am increasing the frequency.   It is just an odd thing for me because for my african clawed frogs bloodworms are now showing increased health issues such as bloating (which for them can be fatal if untreated) where as a few years ago people were feeding them bloodworms left and right.   So I need to restock my freezer. 

I have a close relationship with my local bait store for earth worms because of that - Every tank loves worms!

Soooo cute!!

My little lionhead never did grow a wen.. Guess i could start calling him an eggfish at this point. :rofl But! I love him all the more for it. :heart

What a cutiepie!

Aw I'd love to see a picture of him Jenzaar!!! If Wonton becomes an eggfish I won't mind at all and my husband would like it much more!

Sounds like you're doing everything right, and I'll also second the bloodworm recommendation. A little extra protein is good of young, growing fish.

Plus your fish will love you for it. You can almost hear mine squeal when its bloodworm day. :)

My husband can't get over how the fish beg... He called me into the room the other day because "The goldfish are spazzing in the tank!" So I asked him if he was standing in front of it, he replied he was and that's when he noticed they were going crazy.   I was like "They think you are going to feed them!"     He just shook his head and laughed...they are more demanding than our cats sometimes

Awww he's a cutie and I love his name!!!!   

Wen will it grow :lol2

Haha gave me a giggle

• 2 weeks later...