A boy and his Goldfish

After a long day of craziness for me, I saw this and wanted to post. My son Brandon who is 7 is on the Autism spectrum with a delay in speech. He is my big helper and always watches me do water changes and feedings. He now has his own Calico Oranda named Sushi who is in QT. Sushi will then reside in a 20 gal tank in my sons room. He sat and watched his new best friend for over an hour and said to me. Mom I am so happy we have Sushi, I love him :wub: These fish not only teach him the importance of caring for them, but also calm him. Just seeing him laugh and giggle and talking to them have dramatically helped him with his learning skills, and he also draws pictures of them. My son knows and reminds me of when WC's are due lol he marks every three days on his calendar, it's something he has never been able to do before. He has the Prazi schedule for his gf and says mom we can't forget to do this and this on these days. It's just amazing to see and hear. I wish these GF could know how much they really mean to me and my son and how much they have helped him :heart

Here is Brandon and his Oranda Sushi

20150814_231124_zpsbkzkkgrb.jpg

What a wonderful post - you could definitely use this thread to keep track of their adventures together! 

It is amazing the bonds kids can make with animals - absolutely life changing.