Sign in to follow this  
mary

Faramir Fish!

I can't seem to post a pic from Dropbox; I'm trying to share the link. Some of you may remember that my new baby comet, Faramir Fish, was ill this past winter. You all helped me a lot, and I wanted to share a pic of him now. He's twice as big as he was and doing very well. This should be the URL, at any rate. I don't know why I can't post the pic.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/62wtom3j0m51l96/2015-07-30%2018.51.59.jpg?dl=0

Wow, he's a tiny guy! Very cute little fish!

A spritely looking fish! Are there any Eowyn fish in his future?

Handsome little guy you have :)

Edited by jenste

His fins look very neat and angular, a very handsome fishy. Glad he's doing well now :)

Cute little fish with a big tail.

He's a cutie, and his tail is so nice a flowy!

Glad to hear he's doing well.

Thanks so much, everyone! Yes, I do think he or she has very pretty fins. As to there being an Eowyn fish in his future - well. He/she got the name because I have a little betta in a gallon bowl "next door" to his tank. I bought her as a baby, too young to determine her sex or type - and I do know I shouldn't have, but she was a rescue. She thrived with clean water and decent food, and will be two years old this October. Well, her name was going to be Boromir betta, but my sister talked me out of it. "Boromir dies!" she said. "Don't name him after someone who dies!" Then, as the betta grew, it seemed clear she was female. So I named her Eowyn. I got the baby goldfish a year later, and of course he had to be Faramir. I suspect he's a girl, though!

Eowyn is a lovely red veiltail - in other words, a common or garden variety betta. I have not introduced them and probably won't. But I'm very glad they're both doing well now. :)