Adding a new filter question

Ajnk17

When I first bought my fish I had a 10 gallon aquarium and a cascade 100 filter. After learning about goldfish, two weeks later I purchased a 75 gallon and an aqueon quiet flow 55/75. I use the two of them together right now but I know it's not enough GPH for my tank. I will be finally purchasing my second aqueon quiet flow. My tank is still cycling, almost done though! Will removing my cascade filter affect the cycling process? Obviously I will be leaving in my other filter which has been going through the cycling process as well.

My poor little guys have been through so much, I just want to make sure I do the right thing for them! ????

When I first bought my fish I had a 10 gallon aquarium and a cascade 100 filter. After learning about goldfish, two weeks later I purchased a 75 gallon and an aqueon quiet flow 55/75. I use the two of them together right now but I know it's not enough GPH for my tank. I will be finally purchasing my second aqueon quiet flow. My tank is still cycling, almost done though! Will removing my cascade filter affect the cycling process? Obviously I will be leaving in my other filter which has been going through the cycling process as well.

My poor little guys have been through so much, I just want to make sure I do the right thing for them!

How many GF do you have?

Edited by Fastlane

You could just leave all three filters running, if you would like.

E2A: Sharon did say to leave all three filters on while you're cycling in your other thread about the bully fish. I would listen to her advice there.

Edited by ChelseaM

Fastlane: I have two fantail goldfish currently.

Chelsea: thanks! I just saw that. I posted this one before, just in case.

Arctic mama: thanks! I've been trying my hardest!

The reason I was going to take it out is because I want to start growing plants in the 10 gallon aquarium they were originally in and my husband is insisting we add different fish that actually fit in the 10 gallon. (Which I'm learning isn't a lot )

You could also keep the 10 gallon as a hospital tank, which is always necessary when you keep any kind of fish. You just set it up when you need it, and tear it down when you don't.

If your current fish are still small, why not grow plants in their big tank?

You could also keep the 10 gallon as a hospital tank, which is always necessary when you keep any kind of fish. You just set it up when you need it, and tear it down when you don't.

If your current fish are still small, why not grow plants in their big tank?

We actually have two 10 gallons (long story) but that's what I was planning on doing with the other one. They are about an inch a half to two inches long. They love anacharis and they eat it all before it grows so I wanted to have a separate tank to allow it to grow and put into their tank. They have a lot of plants in their tank, but I don't want to have to keep buying anacharis.