Where to get Pots for Plants for a bare bottom goldfish tank?

yogosans14

maxresdefault.jpg

Like these?I was thinking of putting anubius, java fern, and what ever other kinds are compatible with Gold fish in pots. Where can I buy the pots at?

Got mine from Walmart.. Or maybe you could get some from Lowes..

Edited by Fastlane

Craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Joann's have the clay pots and are cheap but like others have said make sure you boil them first  :D

I'd recommend plastic.  I'm not sure why one would boil clay pots.  Because they contain contaminants?  If so, I doubt boiling would fix it.  A lot of the small clay pots do have a coating of unknown composition -- probably harmless, but very difficult to remove.

From the functional viewpoint, mesh pots excel.  The roots have maximum access to nutrients in the water, and they don't get anaerobic like solid pots..  Plant in gravel and top with some flat stones to keep the fish from digging it out.  

Mostly it's because of any dust/residues they may have come into contact with at the stores.   I have even seen them at the dollar store :)

Mostly it's because of any dust/residues they may have come into contact with at the stores.   I have even seen them at the dollar store :)

I'd probably just rinse it under the tap and call it a day.

Mostly it's because of any dust/residues they may have come into contact with at the stores. I have even seen them at the dollar store :)

I'd probably just rinse it under the tap and call it a day.

Dollar store clay pots are fine.

Their fine with a quick rinse.

Probably less crap in the terra cotta pots then plastic ones [emoji14]

Just dont get painted or glazed ones.