Sign in to follow this  
ronconcep14

My fancy goldfish pond...

There were a couple new things that I added to my pond which made a huge impact. One being a half barrel bio filter which was an upgrade from my prefilter media that I had used for years and thought to be enough. Second, a larger UV light when combined with the bio filter made a big difference in the water quality.

Look at them all! They're very cute, I love the pond design and your garden in general, haha.

Beautiful pond.

You even have a bubble eye in there.

Now THAT is what I call a beautiful pond.  Clean, elegant style, protective cover and shade -- really nice.  The only thing I would add is some phytofiltration -- unless some of the vegetation in the back is a veggie filter.

Lovely pond!! I am quite envious!

It's amazing. You've posted a video before, right? Or does someone else have an awesome redcap-looking lionhead?

Agh i love it! Where do you live?

Careful she is planning a heist. :yikes :rolf

Beautiful pond. I'm thinking of doing something similar. How many gallon is it?

Look at them all! They're very cute, I love the pond design and your garden in general, haha.

Thank you!

Beautiful pond.

You even have a bubble eye in there.

Thank you, yeah it wouldn't be complete with out him. Love that guy.

Lovely pond!! I am quite envious!

Very much appreciated. Thanks.

It's amazing. You've posted a video before, right? Or does someone else have an awesome redcap-looking lionhead?

Thank you so much and yes that would be my guy, that's if you saw that post this year. I'm in southern California. Close to Long Beach/San Pedro area.

Now THAT is what I call a beautiful pond.  Clean, elegant style, protective cover and shade -- really nice.  The only thing I would add is some phytofiltration -- unless some of the vegetation in the back is a veggie filter.

Thank you so much. What an awesome thing to say, I appreciate it. I just cleared out some hyacinth and water lettuce out from the top of my half barrel bio filter. Going to be replaced soon.

Hahaha, thanks a lot. Thats very cool your building your own pond and its such an awesome way to view fancy goldfish from the top. Its about 450 gallons and 12 inches deep.

Fantastic design and construction, both functional and beautiful.  I love all the fish, too.  A+++

Fantastic design and construction, both functional and beautiful.  I love all the fish, too.  A+++

Awesome comment, thank you so much.

Thank you so much and yes that would be my guy, that's if you saw that post this year. I'm in southern California. Close to Long Beach/San Pedro area.

He was sort of right, more like i was gonna ask if you like dogs and put in an application to be your roommate. :rofl

Ok i thought it was the same! Do you get all your fish locally? They're all ridiculously gorgeous.

He was sort of right, more like i was gonna ask if you like dogs and put in an application to be your roommate. :rofl

Ok i thought it was the same! Do you get all your fish locally? They're all ridiculously gorgeous.

SoCal is nice this time of year, hahaha. Most of them are bought locally with the exception of a few that I bought through a wholesaler a couple of hours away in San Diego,California.

SoCal is nice this time of year, hahaha. Most of them are bought locally with the exception of a few that I bought through a wholesaler a couple of hours away in San Diego,California.
He sells the most insanely beautiful fish I've ever seen in person.

ALl your fish are beautiful! I love your calico Oranda. Love the design of the pond too

ALl your fish are beautiful! I love your calico Oranda. Love the design of the pond too

Thank you so much. He's one of my favorites.

Now those are some awesome fish... Ill take the red/white ranch first :teehee

:goodjob

Now those are some awesome fish... Ill take the red/white ranch first :teehee

:goodjob

Thank you Koko, very much appreciated!

Georgous!

I thought fancy goldfish couldnt be kept in ponds but I guess they can!thats pretty awsome :)

Just a quick qustion do you know where you can get bubble eyed goldfish?and how big do they get?I noticed one in your pond and I never seen any online or in store...

Georgous!

I thought fancy goldfish couldnt be kept in ponds but I guess they can!thats pretty awsome :)

Just a quick qustion do you know where you can get bubble eyed goldfish?and how big do they get?I noticed one in your pond and I never seen any online or in store...

Thank you, thank you. They actually can if you live in an area that doesn't dip below 40°F. I live in southern California and it stays pretty mild all year round. Dandyorandas.com, buygolfishonline.com, and raingarden.us.com are just a few online venders where you can purchase them, for a premium price and depending on their stock/season. You may also find them at big chain pet stores like Petsmart/Petco if there in stock/season. They will also do special orders if you ask, but sometimes not in the best quality. I've seen them as big as 4-5 inches and their sacks large as quarters.