Sign in to follow this  
NancyJean

Sick Oranda Not Getting Better :-( please help!

The white stuff on the wen is the flesh under the wen growth. As it heals it looks granular and yellow/white. It's a sign of healing, but unless it has been mechanically removed like with a syphoning or filter accident, the flesh would have sloughed or rotted off.

I still think this looks like chemical burns either from pH drops, salt, or something else. And when a burn heals, the dying tissue sheds. This would be what I would expect when a wen wound goes down below to the fish's flesh. It's not quite bone deep but below the scale level, definitely.

Just re-read your post so want to appologize for the post above saying I thought it could be a disease. Like you said it looks like chemical burns from the ph drop or something else. Sorry again for speculating when you clearly told me what is going on.

I found an article on aquatic community where someone else had a similiar ph drop and just wanted to share. Like him I noticed that the water was unusually warm. Even the water in the goldfish tank with no heater becomes warmer sometimes than the topical tank sitting next to it with a heater. The room temp is 70 F and the goldfish tank will be at 75F. I can feel the heat coming off the water, even with a ceiling fan on 24/7 and the cabinet doors left open. Why would tank water become warm on its own?

Do you have a top on your tank? Also, did you ever figure out why the pH crashed? Do you know your KH?

Do you have a top on your tank? Also, did you ever figure out why the pH crashed? Do you know your KH?

Yes tank has a glass top, 2 sections. I have one side off and keep the other half open.

I just checked water. Did 2 tests per reading using api drops. Readings are normal for our water.

Tap ph 7.6, kh 8, gh 14

Tank water ph 7.6, kh 5, gh 12

When ph dropped the last time I tested water.

Tank ph 6.0, kh 2, gh 14

I don't know what is using up the kh in the tank. No plants. 3 small fish. (3-4 inches)

Could it be that I should not have 2 large canisters running? Could the nitrifying bacteria be using up all the kh?

She is back to floating on her side. Maybe pine-coned a little? I am uploading pics now.

She has quit eating. :-(

I would love for you to order some Silver hun.....http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=Colloidal+Silver+500ppm

Also If you can I would like you to make this too... :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/goldfish-food/share-your-gel-food-recipes-for-floaters-r251

As close as you can hun.....Im asking you to do this is so the fish can get a higher immune system.... The silver will work from the outside and the food from the inside... Im worried about the not eating and this food is good to get them to eat again :)

Yes tank has a glass top, 2 sections. I have one side off and keep the other half open.

I just checked water. Did 2 tests per reading using api drops. Readings are normal for our water.

Tap ph 7.6, kh 8, gh 14

Tank ph 6.0, kh 2, gh 14

I don't know what is using up the kh in the tank. No plants. 3 small fish. (3-4 inches)

Could it be that I should not have 2 large canisters running? Could the nitrifying bacteria be using up all the kh?

Ok it looks like your KH drops naturally and then once all the minerals are gone the Ph will drop.... We need to have some KH buffer in there.....

May I have a full tank shot to see what all in the tank.... Also what is in the filters?

I would love for you to order some Silver hun.....http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=Colloidal+Silver+500ppm

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/goldfish-food/share-your-gel-food-recipes-for-floaters-r251

As close as you can hun.....Im asking you to do this is so the fish can get a higher immune system.... The silver will work from the outside and the food from the inside... Im worried about the not eating and this food is good to get them to eat again :)

Ok I will get what I can at the store today and make her the food.

I received a bottle of silver from Amazon "Innovative Naturals Colloidal Silver High Potency 500ppm 4ounces", what would be the best way to use it?

Tap ph 7.6, kh 8, gh 14

Tank ph 6.0, kh 2, gh 14

Ok it looks like your KH drops naturally and then once all the minerals are gone the Ph will drop.... We need to have some KH buffer in there.....

May I have a full tank shot to see what all in the tank.... Also what is in the filters?

The canister baskets contain Seachem Matrix, Fluval biomax bio rings, Fluval pre-filter media and the Fluval sponges made for this filter. No carbon, no purigen or anything extra. Any input is very welcome.

The large HOB is not being used, the current was too strong for the small fish. The UV green machine is not in use since I put the bristlenose pleco in there last spring.

I do pwc every weekend.

There was a large male 4 yr old shubunkin in there but he has been in the pond the last month.

DSC_0692.jpg

There are small sparkly particles that shoot out of the tank from one of the canisters. I don't know what it is but I tried to get a photo. I don' t notice it any other tank, just this one.

DSC_0690.jpg

Thought it was from the gravel, but I removed most of the gravel.

After looking at the photos do these guys look bloated, too? How do they look to you? The Ranchu is Rocky, the fantail is Mouchie, and the telescope is Magoo. These are my first Ranchu and Telescope Goldfish. Poor babies have been throug 3 ph crashes! I feel horible about that and hope to get the tank straightened out for them.

DSC_0677.jpg

DSC_0683.jpg

There are small sparkly particles that shoot out of the tank from one of the canisters. I don't know what it is but I tried to get a photo. I don' t notice it any other tank, just this one.DSC_0690.jpg

I meant to say the particle shoot INTO the tank, not out of the tank.

Ok I will get what I can at the store today and make her the food.

I received a bottle of silver from Amazon "Innovative Naturals Colloidal Silver High Potency 500ppm 4ounces", what would be the best way to use it?

I would like you to get a 1-2 gallon bowl with tank water..... and place 5-6 drops of it in there... let the fish sit for atleast 5- 10 mins... :)

then place the fish back to the tank :) do this for 7 days but please let me know how the fish is doing....

As for the filter, is the Matrix and the biomax bio rings in a bag or just in the canister...?

I would also take out the "Fluval pre-filter media" and place filter floss in there like this... http://www.amazon.com/Value-Pack-Filter-Floss-600-square-inches/dp/B00B50UPE0

How we doing?

How we doing?

DSC_0683.jpg

Thank you so much for your help, but I just couldn't watch Punkin suffer anymore. She had been in the hospital tank for 7 weeks. The last week, she stopped eating anything I tried to give her, and she was floating on her side . Her sides were red and looked raw. Skin was peeling everywhere it spread even to her eyes.

I used directions i found here on kokos to use clover oil to euthanize her. She left this world peacefully.

I miss her, she was so beautiful with a sweet personality. I cry every time I think of her. :-(

My husband buried her under my rosebush (he had the sniffles,too, he got attached to her, seeing her everyday before and after work), Every time the roses bloom i will remember her. My sister made me a remembrance stone and we added the names of other pets burried there.

Thank you Koko, Lisa, Artic mom, and EVERYONE else for helping us. It means more than you will ever know. :-)

Im sorry hun :hug

Very sorry for your loss. RIP Punkin.

Im sorry hun :hug

Thank you, koko. :-)

I will do your suggestions for the tank to remove the pre filter media and add more foam. The ph has stayed at 7.6 so that is good.