Sign in to follow this  
NancyJean

Sick Oranda Not Getting Better :-( please help!

This is a continuation of my post 3 weeks ago, "Oranda with Fin/Tail Rot."

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/122044-oranda-with-fintail-rot/page-2#entry1923276

She seems to have taken a turn for the worse. :-(

Quarantee Tank

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrate level(Tank) 20

* Ammonia Level(Tap) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0

* Nitrate level(Tap) 0

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) ph 8.2, gh 12, kh 5

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) same as above

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api drops

* Water temperature? 69F

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 15 g, 3 weeks

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Qt has HOB

* How often do you change the water and how much? Daily 80%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday

* How many fish in the tank and their size? In hospital also have one small female telescope with tail shredded (husband witnessed larger males getting very rough)

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime at WC

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari Lionhead 2-3 times a day, peas

* Any new fish added to the tank? yes the small telescope

* Any medications added to the tank? No, just aquarium salt

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. July 13th to july 20th: for one week kept water to .3% salinity as instructed. For 4 days gave 20 min. in Methaline blue dips. Daily WC.

She was doing a little better, but last week I was gone for 2 days and when came home Thursday she was bottom sitting with clamped fins. Nitrites were at .25 but now back to 0. Skin problem is bad again, with flakes and white strands coming off her body and tail. Have given her 3 meth blue dips the last 3 nights and added salt. She gulps for air after her MB dips. Parts of her are stained blue.

She is floating on top, having problems going to the tank bottom. She is eating what I manage to plop in her mouth, including peas since she is floaty. Her dorsal is red and looks sore, it is out of the water.

She seems to be having a hard time snapping out of this one. Has been in hospital for 3 weeks. She is about 6 years old.

Should I be doing more at this point than meth blue dips and salt?

How many times can I safely give her MB dips?

What is wrong with her? Is there a danger of other fish catching it?

Does she look like she is starting to pinecone?

Now that I see the photos (without her wiggling around) does it look like she is missing a large amount of scales?!? Omg.

I'm going to chat with the mods about this. In the meantime, I am seeing she looks a bit pineconed. Please add Epsom salt at 1 teaspoon per five gallons of water in the meantime and keep your salt at 0.3% while we talk a both w course of treatment.

What medication do you have on hand?

Medicine on hand: triple sulfa, maracyn 2, melefix, Api fungus cure, methylene blue, Prazipro, Metro+ metronidazole, Metro-meds and Medi-Gold that could be expired.

I am going to pet store later to get more aquarium salt. So I could pick up more meds then if needed.

Hope he feels better soon!!!!

Oh the poor little love!!! Hoping she pulls through!

Has this fish been treated for flukes? I see you have prazi, but how long was it used and what, if any, was the salt concentration?

Could you please post a video of her?  Also, I would stop the peas and the lionhead.  Let's either fast her a couple of days or feed her frozen (thawed) bloodworms, lightly.

Has this fish been treated for flukes? I see you have prazi, but how long was it used and what, if any, was the salt concentration?

Prazi around 12th but only one Dose due to her other issues.

Could you please post a video of her?  Also, I would stop the peas and the lionhead.  Let's either fast her a couple of days or feed her frozen (thawed) bloodworms, lightly.

Ok I will up some bloodworms today.

How is she looking today?  We've been discussing this and think perhaps a some salt dips (maybe 2-3, one done every other day) would help shed some of the damage.  Have you ever done a salt dip?

How is she looking today?  We've been discussing this and think perhaps a some salt dips (maybe 2-3, one done every other day) would help shed some of the damage.  Have you ever done a salt dip?

Thank you so much for the help! I am at the end of my rope today.

I fasted her for 36 hrs, but still floaty.

She is slowly getting worse as far as peeling skin. :-(

Still eating but has a difficult time going to the bottom.

Thankfully Qt tank maintains zero ammonia and nitrites, nitrates at .5 and ph 8.0.

I have never done a salt dip, but I sure will try.

I am uploading a video now.

I thought the DT tank was under control, the ph was staying at 7.6 to 8.0, but my heart dropped when another goldfish (my young fancy) was rolling around the tank bloated today, and the ph had dropped today to 6.0 and ammonia was high again. Nothing was done to the tank, I dont get it. (Havent used my medicated lotion for 3 weeks, I hoped had solved it.) Now have 3 fish in QT with shredded tails and bloated. Ugh!!! For years no problems, but the last few months not so good. I removed all gravel and rocks from DT, rinsed everything in the canisters. I think I should move the healthy baby ranchu and others all to the pond for now. They should do ok with koi, right? I just cant handle any more sick fish.

Oh so we got a Ph that is dropping.... Can you test out your KH and GH for us... If you can do it again out of the tap so we can see what is going on... :(

I would like you to order Colloidal silver

http://www.amazon.com/Innovative-Naturals-Colloidal-Silver-Potency/dp/B001N1GHOS/ref=sr_1_9?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1438957112&sr=1-9&keywords=colloidal+silver+500+ppm

Something along this one... nothing lower than 500ppm can go to 1100ppm :) This will help the healing if we need to go that way :)

I thought she was doing better, less flaking and she was eating well. But this morning she is floating on her side. She tries to right herself but gets too tired. Also noticed red on her side, like blood under her skin, and I know that is not good. I really had hoped she would pull through. But now I think she is scared. Is there anything that I can do? She lets me hold her upright, I think she falls asleep, but I cant hold her all day.

Have you done any salt dips?  What have you been doing with her since you last posted?  :idont

Yes I did a couple of salt dips and nothing else. I kept the salinity up for a week. It all seemed to really help, her skin was looki. she had less flaking, less strings hanging off her. She looked so good yesterday, ate her food and some blood worms. I am posting a video of her now.

Have you done any salt dips?  What have you been doing with her since you last posted?  :idont

Sorry I messed up the second video. I am thinking about ethenizing her. I dont want her to be suffering. She is not eating today. She has fought so hard to get better. My heart dropped when i saw her this morning. :-( my little angel.

th_MOV_0564.jpg

How many salt dips did you do?  What % and for how long?

If you'd like to try some antibiotics, I can suggest some.  If not, I completely understand.  :hug