What paint to use to paint the bottom and back of my 40 breeder?

Hello, so after some long thought and personal expirence I want to go bare bottom. I actually prefer the look of it, it makes the fish really stand out and way easier to clean then gravel or sand!I want to do it like SolidGold does with the paint it looks so nice instead of just leaving the bottom unpainted which I don't like much.

Can I just use any old black paint or spray paint from Lowes?Please help I don't wanna mess this up lol

1f168438a6972ebae03e6e9cf21c8b4c.jpg

You can use spray paint, but the easy solution is acrylic paint :) It comes off very easy, if you want to change it. But you need a very good brush/roller and several layers before it covers. And do it on the outside ;)

Another solution is window tint or other types of similar form. Just spray the area with a water/soap mix (lightly) and place the film. This allows you to move it around and straighten it out before it sticks :) When you want to remove it, you can scrape it off or use a hairdryer to warm the glue so it doesn't stick anymore and you can peel it right off.

That works!

Just make sure it's clean and completely dry. Ours always came out great with little effort, but when my husband did the 125, it was misting outside... At the right angle it looks like a window on a rainy day haha. Still not sure how i feel about it! :P

Fair enough.

I viynled all my tanks.

Took about 10 mins per tank to do.

An allowed to dry for about an hour so by time last tank done 1st tank was dry and i was filling with water.

No toxic smells etc.

Ok, Im upset!I painted the bottom of it and tetra has made there tank have this thing in the middle and this sticker as well which I cannot peel off!It looks awful and unfortuanelty I have will to probably put sand in the tank now *sighs*

I should have bought a aqueon brand one :(

IMG_0412_zpstpjh6w1l.jpg?1438488667175&1

I painted my Aqueon and it also had a sticker like that but on the side.  I bought some black silicone and covered it.  Are you going to have anything in the tank?  Plants, any sort of décor?  You could cover it with something like that . . .

I painted my Aqueon and it also had a sticker like that but on the side.  I bought some black silicone and covered it.  Are you going to have anything in the tank?  Plants, any sort of décor?  You could cover it with something like that . . .

Im going to be putting in potted plants in my tank so that could work.

I painted the backside to but I didn't cover the inside so I hope none of the spray paint fumes got inside the tank.

• Helper

I prefer brushed or rolled on paints to spray in terms of even coverage, but that's just me. Latex or acrylic. Bummer about the sticker!

I prefer brushed or rolled on paints to spray in terms of even coverage, but that's just me. Latex or acrylic. Bummer about the sticker!

Yup!:(

Im just scared some of the spray paint got inside the tank, Im such a worry worry :(