Sign in to follow this  
goldfishfanforever

My new betta and his new tankmates (Pic Heavy)

As some of you know I setup a 7 gallon walstad tank that housed my dwarf puffer who sadly passed away a few days ago and having an empty tank doesn't last long so today I went to my favourite LPS (that I now work at because it is the summer break for 2 half days) and went for some red cherry shrimp and possibly a female betta. I left with 5 red cherry shrimp (I believe the males are super red as well as two have see through on them) and a gorgeous white/gold male betta. The lighting on this tank is super bad but its a low tech tank so its all I have :(. So here are the pics:

P1060950_zpsprcxxln9.jpg

P1060943_zpsvpqtmthm.jpg

P1060951_zpszukuooir.jpg

P1060948_zpswhyfvb1b.jpg

P1060947_zpsrhl743tm.jpg

P1060945_zpsvjdoz7yo.jpg

P1060941_zpskxszbxzb.jpg

P1060940_zpsgrun3udg.jpg

P1060942_zpsr3apae3a.jpg

P1060946_zpsbjiayimo.jpg

P1060934_zpstmdwnhdl.jpg

P1060932_zpsccamq2mr.jpg

P1060937_zpsreguv6np.jpg

P1060936_zps0kimjeyx.jpg

P1060929_zpsolny8uce.jpg

P1060930_zpshdy4utc8.jpg

Very pretty.

Looks great! Your betta seems to enjoy hiding among the plants.

Looks great! Your betta seems to enjoy hiding among the plants.

Thanks I put a mirror next to his tank and he didn't even flare, the shrimp swim into his face and he just stares at them like what the heck are you and he is a true underwater jungle junkie and barely leaves the plants :P

Your new betta is beautiful.  Loved seeing all your photo's with him and your shrimp.  

Your new betta is beautiful.  Loved seeing all your photo's with him and your shrimp.  

Thank you! I hope it does stay the pictures of him and the shrimp and not just him but I did notice that one shrimp may be carrying eggs :) I have only had baby RCS once and then a plant from a chain pet store killed my small colony off with the copper on it :(

Beautiful betta!

I love the shrimp too, I used to have some but they all died, they are such fun to watch

Beautiful betta!

I love the shrimp too, I used to have some but they all died, they are such fun to watch

Thank you and yeah shrimps are so much fun to watch! They swim around, graze on algae and just are generally awesome! 

Oh MY!!!

that is an awesome fish :thumbs:

He seems like he likes his new home. Congrats on a beautiful new fish!

He seems like he likes his new home. Congrats on a beautiful new fish!

Thank you :)

Lovely betta! :D Hopefully you have more luck housing yours with shrimp than I have. :rofl

Lovely betta! :D Hopefully you have more luck housing yours with shrimp than I have. :rofl

Thank you and all five shrimp are still alive after one day but that doesn't mean nothing :)

nice setup I love your Betta I have a weakness for white or mostly white ones :) and I love your shrimp too :)

nice setup I love your Betta I have a weakness for white or mostly white ones :) and I love your shrimp too :)

Thank you I walked into the store and went straight to the tank they had the RCS in and I looked up and there he was in a tank above and I knew I had to have him :)