A new Addition

FishyMandy

• Helper

I had being secrectly planning a tank and looking for a betta for a while now. The tank isn't completely finished yet, but I absolutely fell in love with this boy. He came from Jodi-Lea at fishchick aquatics. He went up for auction over the weekend and I just had to bid on him, spent a little more than I was planning on but he is absolutely beautiful. My pictures don't do him justice.

I'm still deciding on a name, I'm thinking of Morado or Niji but I'm not certain yet, I know when I find the right name it will jump out at me like he did himself.

o1BDuY6.jpg

947WZhC.jpg

QQQz5QC.jpg

uW1rEpg.jpg

This was my first time ever having a fish shipped to me, and I was a nervous wreck! But Jodi packaged him really well, triple bagged, lots of newspaper to stop the bag moving and a nice heatpack to keep him warm, and he seems to be settling in now. I'm still a bit nervous that he has been stressed but I'm letting him chill out now

This was my first time ever having a fish shipped to me, and I was a nervous wreck! 

Yep. what a relief it must have been to finaly get him, and ensure that everyting was safe. He's beautiful. He reminds me of a child's blueberry snowcone if you're still looking for name inspiration.  :wub:

Edited by mysterygirl

• Helper

OH Mandy he is ADORABLE!   Me wants one too!!!!!  :clapping:

Hehe was just about to e-mail you, but wanted this to upload first ;D

I've now shut all his lights off to give him time to chill out and settle

Definitely a fantastic betta!!! I wouldn't have been able to pass him up either!

• Helper

He is such a pretty specimen. Congratulations on the safe new arrival. I was a nervous wreck when being sent fish, too! And then nervous once I got them in my tanks, because if they died then it was all on me and not the shipper :scared

• Helper

This was my first time ever having a fish shipped to me, and I was a nervous wreck!

Yep. what a relief it must have been to finaly get him, and ensure that everyting was safe. He's beautiful. He reminds me of a child's blueberry snowcone if you're still looking for name inspiration.  :wub:

It was a major relief! I did an unboxing video but I was so nervous it didn't turn out very good lol

He's so pretty!

Thanks!I'm going to love watching him swim around

Definitely a fantastic betta!!! I wouldn't have been able to pass him up either!

Thanks! I knew I had to have him when I saw his picture

• Helper

He's a gorgeous little guy, Mandy. :D

Thanks Dan!

Beautiful betta :) and awesome tank setup for him.

Thanks! I've had a lot of fun planning his tank too

He's incredibly pretty! Love that blue.

Thanks!

Very pretty and good luck with your new friend.

Thanks he seems to be settling in ok!

• Helper

:yikes:hummm:hmm:gcar::newfish:exactly:rofl3

Yup thats exactly how it happened! ! :rofl

He is such a pretty specimen. Congratulations on the safe new arrival. I was a nervous wreck when being sent fish, too! And then nervous once I got them in my tanks, because if they died then it was all on me and not the shipper :scared

Lol yep was so worried adding him to the tank as well. Never been so nervous about a new fish before!

Beautiful!!!!

He is beautiful!! :thud

Thanks guys!

• Helper

He is very handsome and his colour is striking! Great purchase IMO :D

Thanks! I'm glad everyone loves him as much as I do!

Lovely fish! He looks so happy in his nice big planted tank, too. :)

Thanks! He looked very eager to get out of his bag when I was acclimating him lol.

• Helper

Oh no that means Im coming :teehee

Oh that's even better :D I need someone to help me move my goldfish tank, it's only 6x2x2 so not too hard...:rofl

Congratulations on your new arrival.  Your betta is gorgeous.  You captured his beauty in your photo's with his colors and fins. :wub:  :heart   I love him.

Thanks so much! By the way everyone, i think I've decided on a name, it's completely different to anything i had in mind but it just came to me when I was watching him...

So he is Solomon