Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

Selling Tank and Fish in San Diego County, CA. (Fallbrook)

Hi Dawn,  I'm not sure if I'll be home Saturday but Friday will work I think if it does for you.  Glad you got your unexpected visitor out safely. :)

I still have my fish and tank if someone should read this.  I haven't received a call back from the link that Crystal gave me from above and I guess I should probably follow through with that. :(   The Fallbrook Koi Pond here in my town was closed last year.  I didn't even know about it until my daughter told me about it. 

Hi Dawn,  I'm not sure if I'll be home Saturday but Friday will work I think if it does for you.  Glad you got your unexpected visitor out safely. :)

I still have my fish and tank if someone should read this.  I haven't received a call back from the link that Crystal gave me from above and I guess I should probably follow through with that. :(   The Fallbrook Koi Pond here in my town was closed last year.  I didn't even know about it until my daughter told me about it. 

Would Sunday work for you Cheryl?????

so sorry to hear of your stress levels :(  I get it, still on the mend here myself and understand! I hope you can find someone to take your fish and help you lift some stress off your shoulders asap ;)

Hi Dawn,  Yes, I think Sunday will be great.  I'll be home at that time. 

so sorry to hear of your stress levels :(  I get it, still on the mend here myself and understand! I hope you can find someone to take your fish and help you lift some stress off your shoulders asap ;)

Thank you Shelly.  I tend to keep my feelings to myself and not open up with family for I don't think they really get it of how much I adore my fish.  My daughter doesn't approve of me rehoming them but I think she understands better.

I still have my goldfish here if by chance someone in California sees this post and is interested and have room for them. I want to keep all three of them together.  I just want them to go to a knowledgeable goldfish keeper.

I did post a few emails to some places and did get a reply from one person last night that is interested.    I emailed back and am waiting for a reply.  I want to talk on the phone and ask this person a few questions.  He or she is on the board of a fish site so I'm hopeful.

Edited by 4prettyfish

Hi Dawn,  Yes, I think Sunday will be great.  I'll be home at that time. 

Thank you Shelly.  I tend to keep my feelings to myself and not open up with family for I don't think they really get it of how much I adore my fish.  My daughter doesn't approve of me rehoming them but I think she understands better.

I will call around 8:30 Sunday Cheryl!!!!! 

I thought I'd update my thread because this has had a lot of views.  I also wanted to generally thank you for those that had posted.  Your words meant a lot to me for this was really hard on me.

I found a great home for my three big beautiful boys.  I did not want to separate them and I wasn't going to. 

I had a few people wanting them but I narrowed it down to this one young man.  He unfortunately had to work but his brother and two of their friends took the long drive, which I thought they said it took them 1hr 40min. to get over to my home. 

The young man already has a 130g up with 5 goldfish and he has another tank (55 or 60) that is empty at the moment waiting for his new/my fish. His Mom has a fish tank also.  I had asked him several questions and I liked his answers. He uses Prime, believes in 20g per fish, his water changes weren't ideal but he told me he'd be better with huge weekly water changes after I had told him what my schedule was.I told him about Koko's forum and gave him my username so he can look up any  on threads on Captain, Dexter, and Jersey Boy.  I told him if there were any problems or questions don't hesitate to call me or get help from Koko's forum.

I feel confident I did the right thing even though my heart hasn't caught up yet.  Thank goodness my daughter is on a weekend retreat with the Leadership Ag Members (she's secretary again).  She had told me I was crazy and stupid for doing this prior to rehoming my fish.  She said this out of love because she knows how much I love the three of them and enjoy them.  Good thing Taylor was gone because I didn't have a dry eye yesterday.  Today is somewhat better.  I just have to remember that Captain, Dexter, and Jersey Boy are in a really caring new home.

I decided to keep my tropical tank for now and see how that goes. It might be too much for me not to have a tank all together. I'll have to update that sometime soon. 

Edited by 4prettyfish

:cry I'm so sorry you had to rehome your beloved threesome Cheryl :bighug

For some reason I just saw this thread :( I'm sure you did what is best you and Taylor. You're in my thoughts :hug

:cry I'm so sorry you had to rehome your beloved threesome Cheryl :bighug

For some reason I just saw this thread :( I'm sure you did what is best you and Taylor. You're in my thoughts :hug

Thank you Aubrey. :hug I'm just happy they have each other still.  Yesterday was such a busy day with people coming in and out while I was trying to take care of multiple responses on my goldfish and another tank.  I finally sold my 34g.  I was lagging on that.   

I'm sure everything smooths itself out :hug

Im sorry hun.....I know how much it hurt me to Re-home my Cockatiel... I still miss him but some times things work out for a reason and though we might not understand now we will later :) Hang on hun :hugs:

Well, I ran out of likes or I would have given you another one Aubrey and you one Koko.  Or, you can just give yourself one Koko since you own your own forum. :) I'm sorry you had to re-home your cockatiel.  I really, really, thought I'd have my gf for years to come.  I am just stressing out way too much about a lot of changes going on here along with more personal things that I keep thinking is going to be over with but yet it continues with calls and appointments and...

One day.............................hopefully.

I'm glad you were able to find a good home for your fish Cheryl. Even though it's sad to let them go, at least it sounds like they went to someone who will take good care of them.  :bighug

Yes, I agree with that Crystal.  I did find a really good person that I believe will take great care of them.  I hope his friends didn't think I was nuts with tearing up and with my voice cracking up.  It really was hard.  I cried after they left.  I think I will do better after I sell the tank because it's drained and everything is out and waiting for a new owner.  It's just sad to see it empty but I'll be okay.  Thanks again, Crystal.

Of course. Almost all of us would be a wreck after letting our beloved pets go to someone else's care.

It is normal, human, even.

You'll feel so much better when you get a photo of them thriving in their new home....which you wouldn't have been able to provide for them in the the short term.

Of course. Almost all of us would be a wreck after letting our beloved pets go to someone else's care.

It is normal, human, even.

You'll feel so much better when you get a photo of them thriving in their new home....which you wouldn't have been able to provide for them in the the short term.

Thank you. 

I don't think I'll be getting a photo of them though in their new tank.  He did email to thank me again though.

His brother did show me a photo of the 130g tank with his other fish.  It was nicely done.

I'd suggest just asking for one.

If you ask for one (in say 3 months)? you might be surprised. They might be proud to show you how it's going.

I'd suggest just asking for one.

If you ask for one (in say 3 months)? you might be surprised. They might be proud to show you how it's going.

I'm kind of secretly hoping he might join Koko's.  (secret is out now.)  

I do kind of think he might if there is ever a problem with any of his fish though.  He told me that he never thought of a "fish forum" before.  So at least he knows now.