Sign in to follow this  
4prettyfish

Selling Tank and Fish in San Diego County, CA. (Fallbrook)

Hi Everyone,

I've had so many things going on here that I'm finding it hard to care and focus on my fish and tanks.   I'm looking for someone that will love my fish as much as I do and that lives in my area and will be willing to come here to get it all.  I'm sad about this but my level of stress has been high and I need to focus on other priorities.  

Ideally, I'd love my three fish to be kept together along with the tank, stand, ac110 filter, hydro pro sponge filter, syphon, etc.  Just sell it all for maybe $200.00.   I think my fish alone were that much w/shipping.

I have a 60g long Visio tank and stand about 2 years old.  48x16x17   It's still looking really, really, nice.  

My beautiful goldfish

2 yr old Lemonhead Ranchu at 6 inches total from East Coast Ranchu  (never a health issue)

3 yr old Crowned Pearlscale at 7 inches in total length from Petco  (off and on fin issues but over all okay)

3 1/2 year old Blue Oranda that has been changing colors and is almost a whitish color at 8 inches total length.  From Raingarden.  (never a health issue until a couple weeks ago.  Had a couple small fins ripped but I think they are about healed now.)  

I'm sorry that I have no photo's at this time.  Had past problems with photobucket.  There are photo's and video's in forums here.  

If your not interested but might know of someone in my area please let them know or myself.  I think a pond would be great for them even.

Please pm me if interested.  Price in negotiable.  

Thank you so much.

I also have my 40b tropical tank that I am highly considering.  I spent a lot of money on this setup with a visio custom stand and buildmyled lights.  It has 23 celestial pearl danio that are finally showing some colors along with a few other fish such as a Honey Gourami, and some albino cory.  I love these fish also.   If interested please let me know.  This tank also has live plants.

You can see some recent photo's on my instagram cheryl5505   (I'm thinking of mentioning it there also.)

Thank you very much.

Cheryl

I'm so sorry you are having to get rid of your fish tanks as I know how much they mean to you. I always loved your goldfish and I hope you find them a good home.

Edited by goldfishfanforever

I'm so sorry you are having to get rid of your fish tanks as I know how much they mean to you. I always loved your goldfish and I hope you find them a good home.

:hug Awe, Thank you.  I just think it's for the best for them and myself, but I don't want to use the words...get rid of.  I'm trying to rehome them.

:hug Awe, Thank you.  I just think it's for the best for them and myself, but I don't want to use the words...get rid of.  I'm trying to rehome them.

Yeah I know what you mean I will soon have to get rid of rehome my baby bristlenose plecos 

Hi Cheryl. Can you talk tonight?????

Hi Dawn,

I have to go get Taylor at 2 but will be back way before our talking time.  Can we talk maybe at 5 my time?  I have something later around 7pm.

Hi Dawn,

I have to go get Taylor at 2 but will be back way before our talking time.  Can we talk maybe at 5 my time?  I have something later around 7pm.

Around 8:30?????

Okay my good friend.  Talk soon.

Okay my good friend.  Talk soon.

Talk soon Cheryl!!!!!!

I'm sorry you need to rehome them, Cheryl, but you need to focus on what is best for you and Taylor.  Best wishes. :hug

Sorry you are having to re-home your fish Cheryl. If I wasn't trying to downsize my own situation I'd take them since I'm so close. I hope you are able to find them a good home. I also hope things calm down and get easier for you soon. I know what it's like when things get super stressful.  :bighug

Dawn:  Thank you for being a great friend and wanting to talk with me last night and listening to me yack away.  It did help.  I even slept better.   :hug  :angel:  Next time we talk I promise not to monopolize the conversation.  You will have to catch me up on how Mr. Big is doing and all the others.  Talk with you soon.

Susanne:  Thank you so much for your comment, Susanne.  I really appreciate it.  :hug Taylor has been so crazy busy this Summer and just started a 9 hour a day band camp for 3 weeks.  A ton of physical work/exercise on the field.

Crystal:  I actually thought of you but thought you were "stocked" with fish.  If by chance you think you might have room for three more......I'll give you Captain, Dexter, and Jersey Boy at no charge.  I just want them to go to a great home with someone that knows how to take care of them properly.  PM me if you change your mind or think it's a possibility. :hug I can put the tank up for sale else where.

My brother lives in Fallbrook and my mom/stepdad and dad/stepmom are all in Escondido, now (I was born there but we moved around North County a bit). It's a small world :D

I'd talk them into taking your fish if I could, but chances are they'd be terrible fish owners. They've always thought I was nuts with the Goldie love ;)

Edited by Arctic Mama

Hi Everyone,

I decided since I've had no response for the sale of my tank, equipment, and fish I'd be willing to give you my beautiful three goldfish at no charge if you live near my area and are willing to come here to pick them up.  I'm just not at that point to separate them.  I do want them to have a proper set up.  I think two of them would be really good in a pond even. :)  Anyway..........thank you for looking/considering.  I know there are a few of us here in California and kind of near me. :)

My brother lives in Fallbrook and my mom/stepdad and dad/stepmom are all in Escondido, now. It's a small worlds :D

I'd talk them into taking your fish if I could, but chances are they'd be terrible fish owners. They've always thought I was nuts with the Goldie love ;)

No Way do you have a brother here in my town. :)  That is so crazy neat.  It is a small World.  Thank you for your post for I appreciate it.

I also appreciate your honesty.  I don't think I could give my fish to someone that could possibly be a "terrible fish owner."  I know I would get real emotional and feel guilty from what you just said.  I'm so sorry.  I don't know.  I think I'd have to talk to them.  I think people have to be really "into" fish keeping.  Too bad you don't live here in Fallbrook.  I think my family and friends think I'm kind of strange that I have fish as pets and talk about them as much as I do.  I worry about them a lot.  When I was in the hospital last month for those 6 days I was asking daily about them to my daughter and giving her detailed info. about feeding the tropical fish and what not.  I was so stressed out even at the hospital.

Aw Cheryl I'm sorry to see that you are needing to rehome your babies. I wish that I was able to help :hug

Crystal:  I actually thought of you but thought you were "stocked" with fish.  If by chance you think you might have room for three more......I'll give you Captain, Dexter, and Jersey Boy at no charge.  I just want them to go to a great home with someone that knows how to take care of them properly.  PM me if you change your mind or think it's a possibility. :hug I can put the tank up for sale else where.

If you absolutely cannot find someone in the area, and cannot keep them because it's too much work, there is a koi/fish rescue that works with the koi club here in San Diego. I thought about them for a possibility if for some reason I had to get rid of my fish quick (I worry about worse case scenarios a lot and what I would do, I'm silly that way)... Anyways, they are called Vagabond Koi Rescue & ReHome and they take goldfish and other pond fish too from what I understand in talking to the guy at the koi show. Below is a link to their site in case you need it. I wish I could take your fish and give them a good home, but I am still probably going to have to re-home a couple of mine. 

https://www.koiclubofsandiego.org/the-vagabond-koi.html

You're better off with someone from Kokos, I think. Most people (even my family) wouldn't try to be terrible, but goldfish are challenging animals even for experienced keepers, and many people just dont take the housing, filtration, WC and feeding needs seriously. It's a bummer I'm not down there anymore, I'd be happy to take another tank.

Aw Cheryl I'm sorry to see that you are needing to rehome your babies. I wish that I was able to help :hug

Thank you Mandy.  :hug I appreciate your words.

If you absolutely cannot find someone in the area, and cannot keep them because it's too much work, there is a koi/fish rescue that works with the koi club here in San Diego. I thought about them for a possibility if for some reason I had to get rid of my fish quick (I worry about worse case scenarios a lot and what I would do, I'm silly that way)... Anyways, they are called Vagabond Koi Rescue & ReHome and they take goldfish and other pond fish too from what I understand in talking to the guy at the koi show. Below is a link to their site in case you need it. I wish I could take your fish and give them a good home, but I am still probably going to have to re-home a couple of mine. 

Thanks for the link and info.  I'll look at it in a bit.  My daughter had told me the other day (and I forgot about it already) that there is some kind of koi pond here in Fallbrook.  I never knew that.  I'll have see about that also.  Crystal, I worry about my fish also.  We have a new owner to my building and I'm all stressed out about this now also.  The what if's.  I'm sorry you have to rehome a couple of your fish.  I appreciate your help.  Thank you again.

You're better off with someone from Kokos, I think. Most people (even my family) wouldn't try to be terrible, but goldfish are challenging animals even for experienced keepers, and many people just dont take the housing, filtration, WC and feeding needs seriously. It's a bummer I'm not down there anymore, I'd be happy to take another tank.

Yes, I think finding someone from Koko's would be best or finding someone that knows how to care for fish properly.  My fish are easy breezy to take care of...............but when they don't look right/get sick..........another story.  We all know it's a commitment.  I've been really lucky with these three and the only fish I've qt for issues has been my crowned pearlscale in the past. Just fin issues and some bottom sitting.  In my three years of having gf I've had two really, really, sick fish that we've tried to get better.   I'd be happy also if you lived here to help me out with this.

Thanks for the link and info.  I'll look at it in a bit.  My daughter had told me the other day (and I forgot about it already) that there is some kind of koi pond here in Fallbrook.  I never knew that.  I'll have see about that also.  Crystal, I worry about my fish also.  We have a new owner to my building and I'm all stressed out about this now also.  The what if's.  I'm sorry you have to rehome a couple of your fish.  I appreciate your help.  Thank you again.

I left an email to the President asking her if she takes in Fancy Goldfish.  If she returns my email I'll ask her more questions.  I just don't want to drop my fish off to just anybody. :(  I'd want to know more info.  Thanks Crystal for this.  I'll keep you posted. 

:hug

I'm sorry it's come to this, but you're doing what's best for yourself and your fish! If i weren't on the wrong coast I'd scoop em up, have always liked your fish. Best of luck! :bighug

:hug

I'm sorry it's come to this, but you're doing what's best for yourself and your fish! If i weren't on the wrong coast I'd scoop em up, have always liked your fish. Best of luck! :bighug

Thank you Jenna for your comment.  I appreciate the kind words.  :hug

Dawn:  Thank you for being a great friend and wanting to talk with me last night and listening to me yack away.  It did help.  I even slept better.   :hug  :angel:  Next time we talk I promise not to monopolize the conversation.  You will have to catch me up on how Mr. Big is doing and all the others.  Talk with you soon.

Susanne:  Thank you so much for your comment, Susanne.  I really appreciate it.  :hug Taylor has been so crazy busy this Summer and just started a 9 hour a day band camp for 3 weeks.  A ton of physical work/exercise on the field.

Hello Cheryl!!!! I will ALWAYS to there for you my friend!!!!! Maybe we can talk this weekend. I got the baby snake and took it to the wood's. Hopefully no more snake's!!!!! OMG!!!!!