Another Eye Blister

Black

• Admin

He's had 11 days of Melafix so far (at half dose). I haven't given him today's dose yet as I am going to do a WC in a couple of hours.

I'll post a pic or video of his fins while I do that.

Should I continue with the melafix for a bit longer or switch back to silver?

Lets see how he looks hun :)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

So no more Melafix?

Baths or in the tank? 18 drops?

No more for a while dont want him to have breathing problems.....

Lets do the tank hun... If no one is in there but him... and lets go....how many gallons again hun?

Yes, I probably fill the tank up to about 25 gals, although that probably doesn't make much of a difference.

20 drops in the tank! Definitely?

I didn't manage the WC today, it poured down with rain and was dark by the time the rain stopped (I can only use the outside tap).

Tomorrow I will definitely do it and will add the silver

• Admin

Yes, I probably fill the tank up to about 25 gals, although that probably doesn't make much of a difference.

20 drops in the tank! Definitely?

I didn't manage the WC today, it poured down with rain and was dark by the time the rain stopped (I can only use the outside tap).

Tomorrow I will definitely do it and will add the silver

What is your silver ppm hun...  just to make sure:)

500ppm

Just wanted to double check because I think last time you told me to just put 3 drops in :)

I'm just doing the WC now. Do I need to do 100% in order to remove all the Melafix, or will an 80% change be ok?

• Admin

500ppm

Just wanted to double check because I think last time you told me to just put 3 drops in :)

I'm just doing the WC now. Do I need to do 100% in order to remove all the Melafix, or will an 80% change be ok?

Yeah I wasnt to sure but I would like to give him a long bath... So we will do the drops in the tank let it sit in there no water changes for two days hun.... :)

Ok, thanks Koko :heart

I had less silver than I thought, so I only managed to get 17 drops out of the bottle. More should be arriving by Wednesday.

Pic update:

f0d3d46bffb370f61e4f78b75d32f3ca_zpsnzcw

130825db5797cbc44b0047425a283446_zpseekw

I've not turned him upside down to look since those last photos, but he seems to be acting his normal self. Wriggly and eating happily.

The glass is clean and water is still pretty pristine from my 100% wc on Sunday.

I can take another pic tonight if you want?

• Admin

I've not turned him upside down to look since those last photos, but he seems to be acting his normal self. Wriggly and eating happily.

The glass is clean and water is still pretty pristine from my 100% wc on Sunday.

I can take another pic tonight if you want?

yeah I want to see if we can keep on top of it... :)

• Admin

1586c2ae1a0d836f94665cd2e2bc6ea9_zpsr3tb

634055a1245ac1bb0a02556249f285e0_zpsabh0

I can't really see any improvement yet :(

Me neither hun... Lets put him on Melafix again, lets to half for half of the round and then we will increase it to a full for the remainder of the 2 weeks ... :)