Another Eye Blister

Black

Ok Koko :)

My two 'pet' snails love the drift wood thing, will they be bored or hungry without it?

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this already, but there are at least 5 baby snails that must have got in when I last added plants. They are tiny but I'm wondering if this is what making him yawn? Shall I just do a preventative Prazi dose or the full thing? I've often caught him yawning through out the years I've had him, so I never know whether to take that seriously or not :hmm

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Ok Koko :)

My two 'pet' snails love the drift wood thing, will they be bored or hungry without it?

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this already, but there are at least 5 baby snails that must have got in when I last added plants. They are tiny but I'm wondering if this is what making him yawn? Shall I just do a preventative Prazi dose or the full thing? I've often caught him yawning through out the years I've had him, so I never know whether to take that seriously or not :hmm

Just not I would do the Preventative one... As hes been in some stress and dont want to push to far... When you do the PRazi STOP the Silver :)

Snails might be bored. :( Im not much of a snail person.

Ok, I've got the Prime now but I've not been able to do any silver baths for a week. I haven't put the silver in the tank yet either because I didn't know when I'd be able to do the next WC.

My question is, because the tank is dirty, shall I do a WC today, carry on with the baths and do a WC next weekend? Or shall I just add the silver today and do a WC in 2 days time?

So am I doing the baths as well as having the silver in the tank?

He's got a little worse from this week's break from the silver but I'm feeling positive that some nice clean water etc will really help. It's my first priority in the morning

• Admin

So am I doing the baths as well as having the silver in the tank?

He's got a little worse from this week's break from the silver but I'm feeling positive that some nice clean water etc will really help. It's my first priority in the morning

yes sorry hun Justine has her self wrapped around my finger lately :thud

Yes some in the tank and the baths... I would like you to keep the silver in the tank for one week... thats all the baths just keep them up. :)

No problem, Koko! :)

I only did a 50% WC today as I thought I would be having to do another one on Wednesday. I'll check the nitrates tomorrow, hopefully they won't be too bad and it can wait a week before doing another one.

Will I have to do a 100% change next week in order to remove all the silver?

I've taken the log out now, and also the Pothos, because the roots keep collecting dirt and they keep going mushy. I thought it might be doing more harm than good :idont

• Admin

No problem, Koko! :)

I only did a 50% WC today as I thought I would be having to do another one on Wednesday. I'll check the nitrates tomorrow, hopefully they won't be too bad and it can wait a week before doing another one.

Will I have to do a 100% change next week in order to remove all the silver?

I've taken the log out now, and also the Pothos, because the roots keep collecting dirt and they keep going mushy. I thought it might be doing more harm than good :idont

I would do as close as you can yes :)

Thats a good  :)

I think it is a good idea to take out the pothos if the roots keep getting mushy. Also a good idea to take out if the plant leaves are not looking healthy and vibrant.

Just a quick update as it's day 4 of silver in the tank. His tail is still blotchy but I think there is a slight improvement. It was pretty bad on Monday. I will take pics after his next bath tomorrow

• Admin

Just a quick update as it's day 4 of silver in the tank. His tail is still blotchy but I think there is a slight improvement. It was pretty bad on Monday. I will take pics after his next bath tomorrow

:thumbup2: