Another Eye Blister

Black

I hope he is, but we went away on the 1st. I left instructions for him to be fed every 3 days. I don't like the idea of him being hungry though :(

I did a 90% WC the day before

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Early next week at the latest. We were going to be away a lot longer but Stef needs dental work ASAP :o

Oh my.... Can you get a photo of video of him... Just to see how hes doing?

Just got home, Googs is looking ok, I fed him and he was wriggling around like usual :) I can see a few red spots on his tail but I haven't turned on the tank light as its 2am. Tank looks better than I was expecting though. Tomorrow I will do a WC and take some pics. Would you recommend more silver?

• Admin

Just got home, Googs is looking ok, I fed him and he was wriggling around like usual :) I can see a few red spots on his tail but I haven't turned on the tank light as its 2am. Tank looks better than I was expecting though. Tomorrow I will do a WC and take some pics. Would you recommend more silver?

If hes got his Fishy Hives yea :)

I've wiped down the glass and tested the water. I'm going to do a WC in the morning as the nitrates were only 10. I've started his silver baths again. This is what he looks like:

cba4c0ae55d49d531c4db11f52e168a4_zpseo4p

I think he's had around 11 baths now but I feel like his fins haven't made any progress since I last posted. He's due a water change today after I've re-charged the nitrate filter, but that drops the pH so I might only be able to do a 50% change max. I do have a little gold buffer left so I could use that, but I've never been that confident in using it.

f63f1783964691de4bc9addddb3d3703_zpss6qu

He seems happy and wriggly otherwise, and still loving his foods

He's had 4 x '16 drop' baths now and I can still see the white blotches when I turn him over :(

It's not too bad, but it does seem to be taking longer to clear up this time. I will take a pic tomorrow for comparison when I do his next bath.

I've been extra good about cleaning the glass daily. Is there anything else I should try?

This is the best photo I could get, the others have turned out blurry

3820775495f868a8d18a38f1c910face_zpstkzr

His tail seems better than yesterday. I'll take another photo soon

It's weird... from some angles his fins look the best they've been in years, but every so often I get a glimpse of where there are still loads if white bumps. I think these two pics are of the very worst bits but it's hard to capture in a photo because he wriggles and I lose the angle.

0113ec5f6201a2b6d4634ed859016159_zpsneub

45e048f5d81abd07e29ad35078cc703f_zpsnhec

He's had regular daily baths since about 17th Sept (I've missed about two baths during that time).

I've also caught him yawning a few times. He may be due a Prazi dose but I can't remember when I last did one.

He seems pretty good apart from those two things.

He's due a WC but I'm awaiting some prime as this morning's bath took up the last few drops.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Ideally, I would just like to leave him and carry on just wiping down the tank floor but this is probably not enough anymore :(

• Admin

I would like you to try this hun... Once the Prime is there lets do the PRazi treatment....

But for right now I would like you to,,,,clean the tank down and if you can lets take the logs out for now, make this tank as clean as possible. Then I would like you to add 3 drops of silver to the tank :) Then two days later do a water change ... :)