Another Eye Blister

Black

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note:  I would not order Metronidazole for the blisters.  It is not effective for external problems.  The reason Metro Meds works is because in addition to Metronidazole, it contains two other antibiotics (Romet B and Oxytetracycline) which are both effective for external problems.   

If you and Koko find that the Silver and Epsom aren't working, then I would recommend Nitrofurazone :)

• Admin

Just a note:  I would not order Metronidazole for the blisters.  It is not effective for external problems.  The reason Metro Meds works is because in addition to Metronidazole, it contains two other antibiotics (Romet B and Oxytetracycline) which are both effective for external problems.   

If you and Koko find that the Silver and Epsom aren't working, then I would recommend Nitrofurazone :)

Thank you hun :thumbs:

Update: He's had 3 baths now and his blister is 95% gone :nana

I'm ordering Furan now, just in case I'll need it in the future.

Shall I do any more baths or see how it progresses?

• Admin

Update: He's had 3 baths now and his blister is 95% gone :nana

I'm ordering Furan now, just in case I'll need it in the future.

Shall I do any more baths or see how it progresses?

you can keep doing them hun... aleast up to 7 days hun... we can do more, just never pushed it more than 7 yet :) on a pet :)

I forgot to do one yesterday, is it ok to have a day or two break inbetween baths?

Also, I ask my bf to feed him whilst I was cleaning the kitchen (I don't like to feed when I've had cleaning products on my hands), and he fed him MMs instead of his normal pellets :doh11: By the time he realised, Googs had eaten a good 5-10 pellets or so. He's always loved the taste of them so he went crazy trying to hoover up as many as he could. Is this really bad? :(

• Admin

I forgot to do one yesterday, is it ok to have a day or two break inbetween baths?

Also, I ask my bf to feed him whilst I was cleaning the kitchen (I don't like to feed when I've had cleaning products on my hands), and he fed him MMs instead of his normal pellets :doh11: By the time he realised, Googs had eaten a good 5-10 pellets or so. He's always loved the taste of them so he went crazy trying to hoover up as many as he could. Is this really bad? :(

Yes its okay, just rather not but what can ya do :teehee

Dont worry about the mm's hun..... I dont think it will be any harm right now. :)

Also Koko, did I do 2 weeks of silver baths back in February when he had the blister before?

YOu might have hun. I just say a week cause some ppl dont report back every day so at least in a week they report and we can see how we go from there :)

He's in his 4th bath now.

Before I put him in I flipped him over to check his tummy, and the ulcer/tumour thing he had before has gone!! It was definitely there a few days ago. I'll take pic when I put him back in the tank just to be sure.

Pic of tumour how it was before:

094de822d7a8ff1c39ad5f348c39bfa7_zpsa5bf

• Admin

:teehee

He's in his 5th bath now. Shall I make this the last one?

Nope lets do min of 7 of them hun.... WOW Im so happy for him, I could squeeze him :)

Thank you for checking up on him :hug

He had his 7th bath on Saturday morning before I went away. His eye looks healed, but there's a patch of lighter colour where the blister once was. I can't tell if this is just his colouring or whether the blister has just gone really flat. If you know what I mean? :hmm

He looks the same now as he does in the previous pic I posted, but I don't mind taking another if you would like to see

• Admin

Thank you for checking up on him :hug

He had his 7th bath on Saturday morning before I went away. His eye looks healed, but there's a patch of lighter colour where the blister once was. I can't tell if this is just his colouring or whether the blister has just gone really flat. If you know what I mean? :hmm

He looks the same now as he does in the previous pic I posted, but I don't mind taking another if you would like to see

yeah just for giggles :)

He's being awkward with his position in the tank so this is the best angle I can get right now

27eaedb848273d1769c91b54043a2b3f_zpsd1sv

I've circled where his blister was. The area is as flat as the rest of his eye, I'm just not sure I remember that lighter patch being there before

Yes that's what it reminds me of, except the skin is smooth. Before, I have seen wrinkled skin on him after a blister has gone/popped.

I stopped after bath no.7 as I went away over the weekend. Shall I leave it for now?