Baby Names Revealed and Another Photoshoot

• Supporter

I finally decided on names for all 9 of the babies I'm keeping...and here they are

GsZoNPF.jpg

Will be interesting to see how Rusty and Copper turn out, they are the only ones that still have their fry colour!

Now if you were attentive you'd have noticed there is only 7 in that photo...that's because the other 2 haven't moved out of their tank to the pond yet, they are the smallest ones and I don't want to put them out just yet..

vefZpLO.jpg

A little about Spock...any professional breeder, breeding for looks, would have culled him long ago..I got attached to him and as long as he seems to be having a good quality of life, active and eating well etc, I'm okay with keeping him around. You can see his strange head/mouth shape in the photo, and his gill plates turn outwards. He is my little weirdo and I adore him.

It's been a long, steep learning curve with these babies, I've made a lot of mistakes and as such these guys are nowhere near the size they should be. But right now they seem healthy, they are crazily active and I'm prepared to learn from my mistakes and do better if the opportunity to raise fry should arise again :)

Now for the rest of the photoshoot, this time it was Tiger who didn't cooperate...there is always one..I can never get a good photo of each of them in one photoshoot..noooo one of them always has to be stubborn.

Okay enough talk, here are the photos!

COlFVSh.jpg

1d6TuKq.jpg

Y6055jj.jpg

hjAK84m.jpg

J0okHwS.jpg

jLnr2HR.jpg

ZSfhPiI.jpg

Q3YADeP.jpg

Xmf9mun.jpg

aWDFjOq.jpg

CGuRfzR.jpg

jI2B5p1.jpg

s6gkZwD.jpg

ezeLaTV.jpg

VhQxTyj.jpg

cK8eKnj.jpg

tehdVXz.jpg

vMiG7Fg.jpg

yJk7oLa.jpg

gMker1q.jpg

6LMGzpt.jpg

7ckT3XO.jpg

u9k9FjX.jpg

4zncTrD.jpg

A3xOTGA.jpg

zndkfu3.jpg

tvD3GJ2.jpg

F5NdbxP.jpg

hujHh8p.jpg

sDacNFs.jpg

bKegJJ1.jpg

0VgGyf5.jpg

KfWakOb.jpg

EdXtcM3.jpg

WOW Mandy, they all look so happy and healthy.  Its great to see everyone in their proper place now... and your babies are so cute.  I still cant get over how amazingly beautiful all your fin babies are, and what great photography!  Thankyou soooooo much for sharing... makes me feel super happy to see so many well cared for and loved fin babys!  :happydance

Cali looks like she is working on sucking all the air out of the room, to displace it with water and then she can swim around the house... if this works :lol2  today the lounge room... tomorrow the world!  :flex:

:bighug  :bighug  :bighug

• Supporter

Thanks so much Ree :heart: Hopefully soon I'll feel that Spock and Scotty can join the others in the pond, but for now they are happy in their own tank getting all the food lol :P

Your fish all look great! Spock is adorable even if he isn't perfect. As long as quality of life isn't impacted I think that oddball fish are a lot of fun.

Edited by Blitz

They look great!  Raising all those fry is quite an "Enterprise" :rofl

:tomuch:  The starship Enterprise :tomuch:

Edited by Ree

Sorry to be nosey and off-topic, but what are those white spots on your orange telescope's tail? My ranchu has white spots that look exactly like that… I already have a D&D thread going that I need to update with new pics. I haven't been able to find any other pics that look like them on here. I know what my fish has could be different, but I'm curious!

All your fish are beautiful, by the way  :)

• Supporter

Sorry to be nosey and off-topic, but what are those white spots on your orange telescope's tail? My ranchu has white spots that look exactly like that… I already have a D&D thread going that I need to update with new pics. I haven't been able to find any other pics that look like them on here. I know what my fish has could be different, but I'm curious!

All your fish are beautiful, by the way :)

You mean these?

41fb7eab471dff4acb6e05c7630d6cfb.jpg

Because I actually have no idea what they are. He has them for close to a year Id say!

• Supporter

LOL It sure is...okay guys I have to be completely honest here..Ive never watched Star Trek. Helen suggested the name Spock and it went from there :rofl

I like Spock.... Hes so different but cool looking :)

I think so too ^^ im so excited to see how he growsnup,

Your fish all look great! Spock is adorable even if he isn't perfect. As long as quality of life isn't impacted I think that oddball fish are a lot of fun.

That's what I think too.

Beautiful photos! They all look great. :)

Thanks!

• Supporter

Great pics. I still have at least 3 fish that should have been culled, but couldn't bring myself to do it. They are doing fine despite their abnormalities.

That's great to hear ;D

They look great!!!!!

Thanks!

:tomuch:  The starship Enterprise :tomuch:

I have to admit, that went right over my head until I saw your post ree :rofl

We have a few spocks from our fry batchs and they are fine :) also luka's tail is getting long and flowing and Luka is still my favourite :D

thanks! Lukasmtailmaure is growing.m it's good to hear that your spocks are fine

• Supporter

I like Spock the best, may he live long and prosper! VulcanHand.gif

Yes he must! Its his thing :rof

So many beautiful fish, Mandy. I want to beam some aboard!

Scotty would help with that but he doesn't want to say goodbye ;D

Thankyou so much everyone. Im glad you enjoyed the photos and names!

You mean these?

Because I actually have no idea what they are. He has them for close to a year Id say!

Yes, those little things! I've done several rounds of prazi, salt, and even metro meds, and they're still there… I've just been watching them now. Do any of your other fish have them? Good to hear they don't seem to be bothering him. 

• Supporter

You mean these?

Yes, those little things! I've done several rounds of prazi, salt, and even metro meds, and they're still there… I've just been watching them now. Do any of your other fish have them? Good to hear they don't seem to be bothering him. 

ope, just him! He has had Prazi and salt too, I don't know what they are but it doesn't seem to cause any harm!

You mean these?

ope, just him! He has had Prazi and salt too, I don't know what they are but it doesn't seem to cause any harm!

Okay, I was just curious! Thanks  :)