Summer Fun Raffle

koko

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to save a baby chipmunk from the young neighborhood cat today. But later in the day a small hawk swooped down into the neighbors yard to try to catch something. I don't know if he caught anything or not but I hope it wasn't the baby chipmunk that I just saved from the cat :doh11:

• Admin

I had to save a baby chipmunk from the young neighborhood cat today. But later in the day a small hawk swooped down into the neighbors yard to try to catch something. I don't know if he caught anything or not but I hope it wasn't the baby chipmunk that I just saved from the cat :doh11:

:yikes

Hello, KOKO..............We might be neighbors............I live in Cornelius, OR, too! I have a koi pond with 30+ koi and shubunkins..............butterfly telescopes, SVR from East Coast Ranchu, orandas.........................

Watch out for those racoons!  Do you have a net or cover on your pond? Have you ever had issues with predators?

• Helper

Oh no! I hope that little chipmunk is still around 

Well, I'm excited!!  I just finalized an order for shipment of 2 , 6' Thai Orandas (pair) and one calico , telescope, butterflytail ........6"..............flying up to PDX on Tuesday from CoastGemUSA........................a birthday present to myself!!!  What could be better?! Tanks are waiting

I need to make a new siggy but I have no idea how I'm going to do it with all the fish I have now :rofl:

(Also hurts a bit still to make one without Google in it)

I had a hard enough time making mine with only 6 goldies :teehee

I was just thinking of that yesterday with my signature, that if one of my goldies went to the Rainbow Bridge what I'd do with their picture. I think I would keep the picture in my signature with "R.I.P." printed on it so he/she can still be with my group, but know they are in Heaven now :angel:

The "Fish Heaven" photo is a local Japanese styled spa in Freestone, CA - Sonoma County, CA  

The gardens are available to view if you have a massage or their enzyme bath.

I'm listening to Schoolhouse Rock in the background ("Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, Get Your Adverbs Here!"), which is on during the after lunch break today. Tomorrow is my younger daughter's 8th birthday party, at a local park, then Sunday (her actual birthday), we're all going to the San Diego Zoo (they have the neatest Koi pond there, among all of the other critters...)

It's 92F outside right now. I'm not overjoyed about that at all. In fact, walking from the building I was in to my car, I darn near melted. 

I'm listening to Schoolhouse Rock in the background ("Lolly, Lolly, Lolly, Get Your Adverbs Here!"), which is on during the after lunch break today. Tomorrow is my younger daughter's 8th birthday party, at a local park, then Sunday (her actual birthday), we're all going to the San Diego Zoo (they have the neatest Koi pond there, among all of the other critters...)

I know that koi pond!  :lol2

We have our central AC on right now - just put it in last year in Sept., & I love it! Our big old dog is plopped right in the middle of the living room under a vent. "Interjections!" is on now. Aha! Another person who goes to the zoo, & spends a whole bunch of time just looking at the fish? (Luckily, my kids like them too.)

I've been a few times. I don't go as much now since I can't be out in the sun. Have you seen the tank with the huge Archer Fish and clown loaches in the Aviary? That's one of my favs to sit and stare at also. When I saw those fish and how big they get, I realized that I would have to re-home my Archers. They get massive.