Sign in to follow this  
Rijen

Help with eggs

hey guys today morning again my fishes were spawing, since i dont have too many hiding spots in, i have to seperate them to another 5 gallon tank of 11" by 9" tank but the problem is i have only 1.5 inches of water level is that fine or i have to add water if so how? which water? when?

I didnt want to take risk so i didnot added water, My all eggs are transculent and seems 100% fertile. I have added airstone in it, mehylene blue one drop,and a live amzon sword plant lie.

hey guys today morning again my fishes were spawing, since i dont have too many hiding spots in, i have to seperate them to another 5 gallon tank of 11" by 9" tank but the problem is i have only 1.5 inches of water level is that fine or i have to add water if so how? which water? when?

I didnt want to take risk so i didnot added water, My all eggs are transculent and seems 100% fertile. I have added airstone in it, mehylene blue one drop,and a live amzon sword plant lie.

what should be the minimum water height? when should i transfer the fry to big tank which i am going to buy now 75 gallon tank?

what should be the minimum water height? when should i transfer the fry to big tank which i am going to buy now 75 gallon tank?

20150707_212453.jpg

That's a lot of eggs! Woo!!

You could do just a few inches for now. As for the 75, I'm not really sure when, but you will also want a shallow depth in there for some time.

Search through the breeding threads, and take note of what works well for others that you might be able to try.

Good luck, hope you start seeing their little eyeballs soon! :teehee:fishtank

Yep, a few inches of water would be fine.  I'd take it from the main tank.

If I was you, I'd wait on purchasing the 75 gallon.  Do you have something in the 20 gallon range?  

It depends a lot on how many hatch but you'll be able to keep them in the 5 gallon for a bit.  

I checked all eggs today morning all have black dots inside but i couldnt capture it in camera, plz reply my questions above i mean not for later what and when now.

Everyone did answer all of your questions.