Can Koi breed with Fancy Fantails or Orandas?

OK so with all my day out of the pond for a remodel I decided to go with only Koi and Fancy Goldfish, assuming they can not breed together. Can they? I did some Google searching but was not satisfied with what I found. I do not want them mixing.

I think they can as i believe single tail goldfish and koi can breed with each other but I'm not 100% certain they can actually breed but other people say they can so I'm not entirely sure

You are right that single tails can. I understand d their offspring are usually very plain and that is not what I'm looking for! Just wondering about double tail fancy types.

Yes they can.  However you should be careful.  Consider how roughly goldfish spawn.  Now imagine that activity between a female fancy goldfish and a male koi.  Yes it can be fatal.  Stick to female koi.

I read a long thread on a pond forum which started with someone asking if his koi were chewing on the wens of his goldfish.  A number of people said yes.  It seemed to be like eye-eating goldfish.  Some try it, like it, and keep doing it.  Then someone asked if his koi might be eating the eyes of his comets.  Someone else said, yes and he had observed the act.  

On the other hand, the members who hosted the last local koi and pond club meeting had an eclectic pond that included not just koi and goldfish, but also some pacu,  a few tilapia (pets, not food), some shiners, and a lot of gambia.  All of the fish got along swimmingly.  The one fancy goldfish was a telescope, with two eyes.

Some people keep goldfish in the koi pond to avoid population increases.  Both koi and goldfish stop eating juveniles of their own species once they can recognize them as their own kind.  However each eats any juvenile of the other species that it can swallow.  I don't know how commonly hybrids appear or whether either or both parent species recognize them as "family." 

Koi-goldfish hybrids are called "black comets" because that is what they look like.  The ugly fish pictured above is supposedly a koi x mirror carp hybrid.

I've read that they can, but the offspring will be unattractive and sterile.

:bingo:

I think they are called Hybrids....

DSCN1002.jpg

I actually think that is pretty neat looking fish but I'm not gonna start an argument about whether it is or it isn't...