Goldfish Online

Bob47

I like Buy Goldfish Online. He doesn't appear to have as large of an inventory this time of year, maybe because of shipping when it's hot out, but during spring and fall he has a lot of really beautiful goldfish. I've bought there before and have gotten some really nice, healthy fish. You could also check out the auctions at Dandy Orandas and Goldfishnet.com. They are a bit more pricey but have great fish. There is also East Coast Ranchu on Facebook if you are looking for ranchus. I'm sure others may have some suggestions as well. :)

Edited by goldfishgirl82

I have one fish each from Dandy Orandas (purple butterfly), GoldfishNet (chocolate and orange pompom) and RainGarden (calico veiltail). I am very satisfied with all of them - each one is incredibly unique and beautiful! DO and GN do periodic sales, while RG has the lowest shipping costs of the three. Each company also had great customer service and was a pleasure to do business with. :D

And then if you look in our Classifieds you might find a goldfish that needs a home :)

I have looked all around but I haven't seen the classifieds section on here. Where is it located?

FYI - GoldfishNet is currently having a 20% off sale! :)

Thanks for the tip. I have read some really bad reviews of that site though so I am kinda weary of ordering from them.

I do like to peruse the auction sites, but I am hoping to get some fish from Amerrican breeders so that I can try my hand at breeding in the next year or so. Not that you cannot breed imported fish, but I like the idea of getting a group of fish with a little bit of known history to start out.

I've had many fish from Goldfishnet over the years, all fabulous. You can find bad reviews of all the online sellers if you poke around online -- disgruntled folks are more likely to post a review. ;)

FYI - GoldfishNet is currently having a 20% off sale! :)

Thanks for the tip. I have read some really bad reviews of that site though so I am kinda weary of ordering from them.

I do like to peruse the auction sites, but I am hoping to get some fish from Amerrican breeders so that I can try my hand at breeding in the next year or so. Not that you cannot breed imported fish, but I like the idea of getting a group of fish with a little bit of known history to start out.

Really? I had a great experience ordering from them. The only problem I had was slow response to my email, but when I called I was able to get on the phone with Tommy right away. (I wanted him to hold off on shipping in case I found another I wanted at next week's auction, which he said was no problem.) The fish I received (a female pompom) was stunning and was/still is in excellent health. Tommy did recommend that I treat for parasites though; I don't think he does - so I treated the fish with Prazi and Tetra Parasite Guard to be safe. I also liked the fact that their "buy it now" option is only like $5 more, so I didn't have to stress out over that.

I had an equally positive experience with Dandy Orandas and RainGarden. RainGarden raises their fish in ponds and ships from Hawaii, and the veiltail I received from them took longer than usual to adjust to my tank. I emailed Steve and got a very detailed reply explaining what was likely going on and what I should do (keep the lights off and feed sparingly for the first few days).

Ken from Dandy Orandas believes strongly that next-day shipping is the only way to go, so it is the only option offered by that site. I respect his opinion about that (Steve from RG disagrees), but it does make it very expensive. Shipping to my house in California was $90 for DO, compared to $35 for GN and $30 for RG.

One thing I wanted to mention about buying from these sites that was a surprise to me is that these fish are MASSIVE compared to the fish you will find in most stores. The sites post the length of the fish, but I was totally shocked to see how big they were width-wise! They're just really well-fed, compared to pet store fish that are often shipped from China, without food for long periods of time, and put up for sale immediately upon arrival.

• Helper

Yes. Disease and lots of it, several cases fairly severe. More details can be found online without much difficulty.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I have bad luck with rain-garden.  Fish never look as nice when they get here and none ever lived very long.  Two died within weeks of getting them. That is why this last fish I ordered I didn't order from them.

Water garden gems. They are near San Antonio. Unfortunately I am in Minnesota.

That is weird.. overnight FedEx to Minnesota will not be $200.. not even if adding a big fee for packaging 

More like $60-80.. I don't know why are they charging that !??

Water Garden is near me.. 5 of my 7 juvies are from Shane (owner)

He gets them from Golden Phoenix (which brings them from China)

San Antonio has not market for quality goldfish so Water Gems has some decent stock (at times)

But the fish you see in the website are not longer there..

Edited by 210 Oranda

Dandy Orandas.

I won't shop with any other online vendor anymore.

Do you have an existing thread about your online (besides DO) GF experiences?

I wonder why you said you won't go with any other online vendor "anymore" ..??

Dandy Orandas.

I won't shop with any other online vendor anymore.

Do you have an existing thread about your online (besides DO) GF experiences?

I wonder why you said you won't go with any other online vendor "anymore" ..??

I don't have a thread with other experiences. However, I have had several instances where other vendors have let me down. I personally don't deem them to be big enough issues to create a full thread. However, I can say that the only vendor that has given me zero negative experience is Ken at DO. I have even gotten the rare chance to go to his facility, and see how he operates firsthand. There's no question that I would never buy from another vendor.

Edited by ChelseaM