river tank plants

Sadly the tank I was using got a leak and it was more hassle to reseal than use a different tank so im thinking of getting some terrestrial plants for a tropical tank :D

That's a shame. Good luck with the tropical tank. :)

Thanks. It was a shame that the tank started leaking as I had measured out all the pvc added a full bag of sand plus primed water and it was at midnight when it was leaking :(

dan in aus, on 10 Jul 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:snapback.png

I thought you might like to see this. This is the nano tank on my desk. I only set this up the other day, so the plants haven't taken off. It used to be a high tech planted tank with a lot of prostrate species, but now it's a low tech (high light) tank with all emergent aquatic plants. It's not finished, I'd like to add a tonne of terrestrial moss to the branches. :)

19546077606_0e8dc881b1_z.jpg

That's so pretty!!  What type of sand is that??  Does it have any planting capabilities, or is it just plain sand??

Also, that really is a shame to go through all of that work to have it start leaking, what a bummer!!

That's so pretty!!  What type of sand is that??  Does it have any planting capabilities, or is it just plain sand??

It's just regular inert sand. It's mostly there for a contrast of light, otherwise the water section is too dark.