Sign in to follow this  
lizam

Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED Plus Light - anyone have one?

Hi!  I am just wondering if anyone has this light and if they like it?  I have read some reviews on amazon.  I am setting up another goldfish tank and I am going bare bottom for now.  This tank will be in my bedroom so I thought having a remote would be handy :) Eventually I might want to add some live plants in containers and I am wondering if this works?   What I don't want is a lot of algae :P  

I have one. I like it a lot and my plants grow well under it. I only have anacharis and anubias though, which I think are both easy to grow in low light anyway. The power supply died after a year and I bought one to replace it from Amazon for $11.

Thanks :)  I don't think I would grow anything other than fairly easy, goldfish friendly plants anyways.  Maybe I will try some amazon swords, jungle val, anachrias, etc.  That will be my winter project. I already spent enough on goldfish :yikes But I sure love them :)

I have this light on one of my 40B goldfish tanks and I love it! I do not have any live plants however. I like the many different light settings to choose from. I'm thinking of buying one for my tropical fish tank now ;)

I have this light on one of my 40B goldfish tanks and I love it! I do not have any live plants however. I like the many different light settings to choose from. I'm thinking of buying one for my tropical fish tank now ;)

I ordered it from Amazon.  I'm looking forward to getting it! I think my husband will like it too.  It's that remote thing :teehee

For a lot of undemanding plants this will do nicely. If you want to expand later on, the Finnex fixtures produce more PAR, but offer less user settings.

For a lot of undemanding plants this will do nicely. If you want to expand later on, the Finnex fixtures produce more PAR, but offer less user settings.

Thanks Dan :)   I have a couple Finnex lights on my small planted betta tanks and love them so a possible upgrade later is good.