OK, not pets, but pretty!

motherredcap

If I wasn't afraid of getting stung (idk how to tell if one is stingy vs. non stingy) I'd try to touch it and see what it felt like - probably like snot, but hey, how many people can say they've touched a jellyfish?? :D

If I wasn't afraid of getting stung (idk how to tell if one is stingy vs. non stingy) I'd try to touch it and see what it felt like - probably like snot, but hey, how many people can say they've touched a jellyfish?? :D

Well the ones that got stung can  :rofl3  :sorry:: I couldn't resist it :)

Edited by goldfishfanforever

These come in clear ones too that look like silicon something or other.  The kids play with them.

I have never seen any like that! Are they common....or more common in YOUR part of the world! :Jig: When I lived in Virginia occasionally after storms bunches of jellyfish would wash up on shore....but it was those big ugly ones with the long stringy things & THOSE would sting you REALLY BAD!!!! :yikes

Well the ones that got stung can  :rofl3  :sorry:: I couldn't resist it :)

Lol, I bet!!  And hey, I'm landlocked, unless you count lake Erie, but I don't think that really has any jellies :lol3

These come in clear ones too that look like silicon something or other.  The kids play with them.

Really??  :thud  That is Too cool!!!

that look like silicon something or other

I was in on a double mastectomy with a reconstruction once when I was in college, I think I know what you're talking about :rofl3

Very cool! If they were dead I'd have to play with them, and if they were living I'd have to return them to the sea :9

I have never seen any like that! Are they common....or more common in YOUR part of the world! :Jig: When I lived in Virginia occasionally after storms bunches of jellyfish would wash up on shore....but it was those big ugly ones with the long stringy things & THOSE would sting you REALLY BAD!!!! :yikes

The general clear beasty is very common.  These with the pretty colours are more unusual and we have more this year than normally.  We have the nasty stingy ones as well - they are just as common.   :yikes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporter

I liked the blue one. I remember a year hundreds of manowar jellyfish washed up on the beach. It looked like an alien invasion gone wrong. Lol but awesome.

Ok maybe not hundreds now that I think about it. But they where everywhere and I was 8 so it seemed like hundreds of aliens.

Edited by Daniel E.