Sign in to follow this  
QandD

Mystery, never-ending parasites

I have zero concerns about her being in the tank. There is nothing to suggest this is going to cause issues and, quite frankly, a larger water volume and territory will probably be good for both fish. :)

:thumbup2:

OK! Well, I know a little fish who is going to be very excited today! 

The silver is also coming today, so I'll do a dip on her and report back. 

Oh, one more thing! I put Vickie in the tank and noticed that the thing on her dorsal had fallen off. So I am just a nutcase. I will still dip her for her tail, and if that works, maybe I'll dip Duchess since her tail's been a mess for a year now. 

Side note: Vickie is very happy to be in the big tank but Duchess had a big meltdown like last time I added her "friend." I think she just doesn't like change! She's hiding right now and I've shut off the lights. I'm more and more convinced that these fish are like two-year-olds every day.  :doh11:  :teehee

Oh, one more thing! I put Vickie in the tank and noticed that the thing on her dorsal had fallen off. So I am just a nutcase. I will still dip her for her tail, and if that works, maybe I'll dip Duchess since her tail's been a mess for a year now. 

Side note: Vickie is very happy to be in the big tank but Duchess had a big meltdown like last time I added her "friend." I think she just doesn't like change! She's hiding right now and I've shut off the lights. I'm more and more convinced that these fish are like two-year-olds every day.  :doh11:  :teehee

:exactly  And you cant use words to make them understand or see reason either!  :wall  Which in my case often results in me :krazy:  :stars

I hear you!!!!!

I'm not surprised - common sense says that little could survive that many treatments of that strength and full QT, and if it could it would manifest far more aggressively than a little fish zit :teehee

Leave it to my fish to have acne!

Min 500 ppm I like the 1100ppm.... no you cant use it with the Paraguard or salt :(

That's OK--I'll stop the salt and Paraguard on Vickie tomorrow. She looks very sad to be away from Duchess, though. Poor thing.

I've ordered the 500 ppm silver since it was a reasonable price on Amazon! Do you recommend baths, and how do they work?

Yes we would do baths .... we need a 1-2 gallon bowl or container... Water from the tank... and if your doing the 500ppm then I would do 10 drops in the bowl... let the little one sit for up to 5 mins... can go up to 30 mins but first time around I rather see how the fish does... so 5 mins please... :) then also report on how he did... :)

Update: just did the 5 (perhaps 6, since she was doing evasion maneuvers) minute colloidal silver bath (10 drops/1 gal) without any problems. She swam loops in the holding container, did no gulping, and was just generally annoyed. She was a little dazed for a minute after I returned her to the main tank but is back to digging. I think I could definitely extend the silver bath times safely. Should I do these daily and at the same concentration? If I increase the time, what would you recommend? 

I am thinking that it might be good to give Duchess some baths for her fins if this works. She is acting weird today since her meltdown. Lots of stationary floating compared to her happy activity yesterday :wacko: She's eating and everything--and the parameters are stable--so I hope she is just upset and wore herself out with her tantrum. 

Min 500 ppm I like the 1100ppm.... no you cant use it with the Paraguard or salt :(

That's OK--I'll stop the salt and Paraguard on Vickie tomorrow. She looks very sad to be away from Duchess, though. Poor thing.

I've ordered the 500 ppm silver since it was a reasonable price on Amazon! Do you recommend baths, and how do they work?

Yes we would do baths .... we need a 1-2 gallon bowl or container... Water from the tank... and if your doing the 500ppm then I would do 10 drops in the bowl... let the little one sit for up to 5 mins... can go up to 30 mins but first time around I rather see how the fish does... so 5 mins please... :) then also report on how he did... :)

Update: just did the 5 (perhaps 6, since she was doing evasion maneuvers) minute colloidal silver bath (10 drops/1 gal) without any problems. She swam loops in the holding container, did no gulping, and was just generally annoyed. She was a little dazed for a minute after I returned her to the main tank but is back to digging. I think I could definitely extend the silver bath times safely. Should I do these daily and at the same concentration? If I increase the time, what would you recommend? 

I am thinking that it might be good to give Duchess some baths for her fins if this works. She is acting weird today since her meltdown. Lots of stationary floating compared to her happy activity yesterday :wacko: She's eating and everything--and the parameters are stable--so I hope she is just upset and wore herself out with her tantrum. 

Lets then do a max of 10 mins hun :)

yup do them daily for atleast 7 days hun :)

Hi all, the girls and I just wanted to thank you for your help over these (several) months. As you can see, they are very happy to be feeling better and at home. I'm doing the silver baths, but I am pretty convinced that these little women are parasite free at long last! 

They've also been doing some surprisingly good gardening of the floating plants (?)

Edited by QandD

Awwww, they are so adorable and hungry looking!!

Yay! That's great news, hopefully they'll stay that way :)