Sign in to follow this  
GoldenSpoiledRotten

There are 95 goldfish in this gallon of water.

I hope your little ones can make it through this fungus trouble quickly and easily.

Thank you, guys. It's great to know that all of my little guys have so many people rooting for them! :heart

Lost two today. Found one dead this morning and lost another to cannibalism this afternoon. I am down to 13 fry. Hopefully the MB will do its magic overnight.

Edited by ChelseaM

Sorry for your losses! Rooting for the others! :heart

Fingers and fins crossed for your babies

Chelsea

, I am very sorry for your loss, though you are more advanced keeper than me but even though i have also gone through this while i mistakely poured all the brine shrimp cultivation about 3/4 liter into main tank my all the fishes were cloudy eyes i used a medicine which was named "Aquatic B" made in thailand which i m sure is a composition of malachite green, I used that for three days and every thing was miracle till yet all are now as fine as used to be.

Thank you, Rijen. (And everyone else as well) fror the well-wishes.

As far as the medicine goes, Malachite Green is something I was very worried about using because of its toxicity, like Taryl and I discussed above. This is why I have been using a Methylene Blue compositiion instead. Fry are very delicate, and I worry for their safety. Your adult fish can handle the medicine better than my fry could.

Edited by ChelseaM

Chelsea

, I am very sorry for your loss, though you are more advanced keeper than me but even though i have also gone through this while i mistakely poured all the brine shrimp cultivation about 3/4 liter into main tank my all the fishes were cloudy eyes i used a medicine which was named "Aquatic B" made in thailand which i m sure is a composition of malachite green, I used that for three days and every thing was miracle till yet all are now as fine as used to be.

I dont mean the raw malachite green the one which is used for dye clothes but i mean the one which is prepared my the reputed aquatic companies. like i used the one by Aquatic B and i was also too worried about the toxins and after the medication my tank will be green or something else but since i didn' have a choice i used it and as result my all fishes are fine as well as none of my stuffs of tank are green. Its dose is a drop for 20 litre 

I am aware of what you mean. It is still much too toxic to use on fry, despite being made for use in aquariums. But thank you, though. It was kind of you to worry.

I lost another three fry this morning. We're down to 9. The ones that are alive look to be slowly healing. One of my fry that was almost covered has lost a majority of the spots.

Just went out and found another baby dead. Down to 8 babies.

Come on little guys! Hang in there and let the medicine do it's work.

Come on little guys, you can do it!

Seven babies left.

This baby had a broken spine, and was literally folded in half.

Today I am doing a WC, since I leave tomorrow morning. I'm seriously debating whether or not to euthanize these guys and just try again next year.

The fungus just isn't going away, and has actually come back on some of the fry.  

Leaving, like for the semester or a few days?

Had you planned to take them with you, or let them grow out in the pond?  Just wondering if you could just let them live and see what happens...

I am leaving for a week, and then I will be moving to college on the 23rd. They would come with me, but since they are dropping like flies I don't think they are going to last long. 8 of them died in the past four days, which is more than half.

E2A: The pond is going with me as well. I always take my fish to college with me, and tear down the pond at the end of every summer.

Edited by ChelseaM

As of this moment I am going to put them in clean water. We'll see what later brings, but I can't really rule out euthing them. Every time I come outside, it seems, I am pulling another dead one out.

Thats just sad :(

Just went out and another was dead. Down to 6.

This really sucks.

Aw hun I am so sorry!

Would splitting them up at this point help at all?   

They've all got the fungus. There's nothing splitting them up would do.