Sign in to follow this  
HomerJay

40B and 55G setups for sale NJ

Hi all,

I have recently put a pond in the yard and I am going to be moving 2 tanks worth of fish out there ASAP. I will have these 2 setups available. The 40B will include the stand, LED strip, tank, and filter. The 55 setup will include the stand, tank, and filter and glass tops and possibly LED light. I haven't really thought about pricing yet, but it will be very reasonable. I'm just putting this out there to gauge interest before going to Craigslist :scared :scared  They will be pickup only. I may have a filter or 2 left for sale also. I'll update with pricing and all available equipment once I figure out what I am selling and keeping since I will still be running a 55G, but the 2 tanks listed will surely be for sale. Thanks :thumbs:

What about in the winter :o

He will send the teles to me. :D

Jenna has an answer for everything!  :rofl3  

:rofl I'm a problem solver, what can I say?

Good luck selling these! Post pics of how they were set up, and you will surely get some interest. :)

I'm thinking about just using a stock tank for the less hardy fish. The pond has a big area that is about 32 inches deep so it should be deep enough for the others.

You should have a tank available if you need to isolate a sick fish or maybe have a place for a crop of spring babies.  

I don't recall seeing a picture of this pond.  

Build a "greenhouse" type cover for the pond, and you should be able to keep all the fish out there through the winter.  

You should have a tank available if you need to isolate a sick fish or maybe have a place for a crop of spring babies.  

I don't recall seeing a picture of this pond.  

Build a "greenhouse" type cover for the pond, and you should be able to keep all the fish out there through the winter.  

I was going to start a thread once I get it completed :thumb: It's been a crazy busy summer so far. I thought about building a temp greenhouse for the winter. I'm already looking into it.

Good luck with the pond Rob.

Look forward to pictures.

Hi Rob! This is very interesting to me as I have also just put all my fancy's in my pond!!...I am slightly concerned about winter ! but here in sw England our winters are mild the pond never froze at all last winter! but I did leave the waterfall running!!

Shakahos idea about a greenhouse cover sound's good! Anyway all my fish are feeding and getting their fair share!!... Good luck with the pond!! :-)

Most importantly,  a winter cover in a mild climate keeps frozen precipitation out of the pond.  Without it, you can wind up with a pond full of slush which will be a uniform 0C/32F.  Goldfish can survive this, but not for long.  A covering of ice actually keeps the water warmer.  

Most importantly,  a winter cover in a mild climate keeps frozen precipitation out of the pond.  Without it, you can wind up with a pond full of slush which will be a uniform 0C/32F.  Goldfish can survive this, but not for long.  A covering of ice actually keeps the water warmer.  

Thanks, this is good info. I will keep it filed away for when I am deciding what to do in October/November :cold:

Hi Rob! This is very interesting to me as I have also just put all my fancy's in my pond!!...I am slightly concerned about winter ! but here in sw England our winters are mild the pond never froze at all last winter! but I did leave the waterfall running!!

Shakahos idea about a greenhouse cover sound's good! Anyway all my fish are feeding and getting their fair share!!... Good luck with the pond!! :-)

Hey fingers I kept some fancies outside through winter last year in the freezing cold (below 0) and they did fine until a heron got two of them  :tantrum  :madrant

Hey fingers I kept some fancies outside through winter last year in the freezing cold (below 0) and they did fine until a heron got two of them  :tantrum  :madrant
Hey GFFF!! that's a shame they survive winter ....then a heron! I am lucky I've never seen one in my garden....just cats!!! but my dog used to keep them away!! your winters are worse than down here in Devon! so fingers crossed!!

Hey GFFF!! that's a shame they survive winter ....then a heron! I am lucky I've never seen one in my garden....just cats!!! but my dog used to keep them away!! your winters are worse than down here in Devon! so fingers crossed!!

Yeah I hate the heron it ate some of my big goldfish as well but i haven't seen it for a few months now :) My two dogs will chase a heron but they are never outside before seven in the morning :(

A nice thing about building a pond cover is that the same frame can support a net to keep out the birdies in the summer  and insulating materials in the winter.,