* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
* Nitrate level(Tank) 30

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines 7.6
* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
Other Required Info:
* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api drops
* Water temperature?  25 degrees celsius
* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 600 litres recently upgraded from 400 litres - same fish and same filters. been running 2 years
* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2 cannisters plus one sponge
* How often do you change the water and how much? weekly around 70%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 70 % yesterday

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 medium sixe pearlscales - had about 6 months and one large ranchu I've had 15 months

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Feed hikari oranda and lionhead once daily, plus zucnini or peas daily
* Any medications added to the tank?
salted to 0.1% and on second round of prazi (tank and occupants have had prazi before
* Any unusual findings on the fish 
1. My main concern is with the ranchu. Over the last month he has developed white things in his eyes that are getting bigger. You can see them through the pupil at certain angles and they are definitely inside the eye, not something on the cornea. They are bilateral and look like an amorphous white grey shape. Doesn't move.  I don't think he can see very well anymore. 

2. For the last 3 weeks the fish has been getting spontaneous lesions (twice on his face and twice on the same area of the body) that look like something has burst out of the muscle tissue leaving a wound behind that initially has white gunk sticking out of it that within a day drops off leaving a sore that seems to heal with salt. Today another of these lesions has appeared in the same place on his body and it has a large chunk of grey stuff sticking out of it. It looks friable and I suspect it will also drop off and disappear within a day or so. It's not a cyst in/on the body

3. They have been bottom sitting so am currently terating with prazi. These spontaneous wounds appeared before the przi, except for the mots recent one.
* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

All fish have been bottom sitting a bit. Ranchu is less active and faded. 

I have a six foot tank with 3 pearscales and a ranchu in it. I've had the ranchu the longest - over a year with no problems until the last few months. In the last few weeks he has repeatedly developed sponatneous lesions that appear suddenly and have white friable gunk sticking out of them which then disappears leaving an open wound. The white gunk is definitely not fungus or bacteria and rapidly diappears without any intervention.

The second issue is that there is something inside his eye that is getting bigger and affecting his vision

The third issue is that all tank occupants have been bottom sitting a bit and I am treating with prazi - seems to be improving the bottom sitting.

I am working very long hours at the moment, as well as being busy looking after my family, and although I am religoiusly doing a big water change every week I am struggling with the extra work it adds to my life. I really want to wind up this tank and rehome the fish, but I can't do that unless they're healthy. I can't bring myself to just euthanaise the ranchu when I don't know what's wrong and if it's treatable. 

It's not possible to capture the eye things on camera, but I do have a photo of the wound that has appeared just today which I will post in a bit.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received!

Thanks everyone

tap parameters as follows

nitrate 5 ppm

ammonia 0 ppm

nitrite 0 ppm

It's possible that his eyes could be the start of cataracts, although it looks 3 dimensional and behind the lens, but you do sometimes see something similar when cataracts are not advanced, so I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think it's bacterial, simply because of the length of time he has had this problem, slowly getting worse. I think if it were bacterial it would have progressed more quickly and he would seem maifestly unwell.

I'm in Australia so can't access antibiotics anyway.

As to the thing on his side - a few hours after the gunk appeared it fell off and now the lesion has almost completely healed.

Any fish parasites that encyst in the muscle and then the next life stage burrows out?

To me it doesn't look bacterial - because it comes and goes on it's own so quickly without any intervention.

I'll go and take some pictures now and try and post them tonight.

Thanks!

Cataracts are 3 dimensional and they are behind the cornea, in the lens . . . .

What you are describing as far as the lumps sound just like bacterial cysts.  They usually don't need treatment and occur several at a time.  Occasionally we will suggest salt if it leaves behind a reddish wound.  I would recommend either a very large WC after the white gunk comes out or quarantining the fish with the cysts until they are gone.  The white stuff is puss coming out of the cyst.  

We have several members from Australia that have gotten antibiotics BTW.