Sign in to follow this  
koko

Subscription Give Away!

Guinea pigs are neat! We used to have a couple of Texels, Peaches, & his son, Twinkle. Our current pets besides the fish are a couple of mice, a cat, a dog, & 23 bantam chickens.

Before we moved to town, I used to breed livestock, & I usually had 2 dozen Shetland Sheep, 3 Angora goats, 200 chickens, geese, ducks, pheasants & turkeys, & 8-10 dogs (I ran a pair as flock guardians in each pasture, plus had some growing pups & retirees).

Shetland sheep are my favorite. Mt sister spins wool and is in the middle of a breedstudy. She has spun over 200 different breeds and fiber types.

Man, that sounds so awesome. . . all those animals. . . I'd kill for a dog. We have a texel rex cross currently, for a guinea pig. His name is Teddy and he is 2 i think.

We also have a guinea pig and two gerbils. At one point we had in addition to the tanks three guinea pigs a hamster and the gerbils.
U still beat me :)
That was the goal . i may be a bit competitive. . . lol
Yeah but overall my tanks and pond have more water volume... I think I'm winning
Well i have my license and a job so blegh
Well I have a face

Wha. . . that is a low blow!! How on earth did you figure out i didn't?? Were you SPYING on me?!

Wait did you see me spying on you cos it wasn't me it was my look a like :)

Does anyone else feel the strong urge to try and make delicious looking how too memes they find on instagram or facebook?

I am starving!!!!

egg-stuffed-potato-11.jpg

We also have a guinea pig and two gerbils. At one point we had in addition to the tanks three guinea pigs a hamster and the gerbils.
Yeah but overall my tanks and pond have more water volume... I think I'm winning
Well I have a face

Wha. . . that is a low blow!! How on earth did you figure out i didn't?? Were you SPYING on me?!

Oh, i get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Just tell your look alike that if he tells anyone what he saw, i will destroy him. . . and his little goldies too. ????????

Does anyone else feel the strong urge to try and make delicious looking how too memes they find on instagram or facebook?

I am starving!!!!

egg-stuffed-potato-11.jpg

Omg yes! Though the last one I tried (2 days ago) big fail! 3 ingrident beer cheese dip.....def follow the measurements bc mine turned out like beer cheese soup,...

Well I have a face

Oh, i get it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Just tell your look alike that if he tells anyone what he saw, i will destroy him. . . and his little goldies too.

I will warn him then :)

I took a couple of shots from the top when I was changing water the other day - it's Clownie, the Great White Fish! (he's the biggest of the 4, & I think he's 5 inches, including tail.) I had to use a flash, since I had the filter & light off.

ClownieTop4257_zpsuxzhjdfc.jpg

I took a couple of shots from the top when I was changing water the other day - it's Clownie, the Great White Fish! (he's the biggest of the 4, & I think he's 5 inches, including tail.) I had to use a flash, since I had the filter & light off.

ClownieTop4257_zpsuxzhjdfc.jpg

What's your substrate? It looks cool.

What's your substrate? It looks cool.

Thanks! It's National Geographic brand sand & the same brand gravel mixed (2:1), with a few of those glass accent decorations. I hear sand described as rather "floaty" a lot, but this sand doesn't seem to be floaty at all - I did rinse it, but there's been no problems with cloudiness, & it seems to stay put well (so it doesn't get in the filters). It comes in either black & white. The gravel I like for a little variegation, & it seems to help anchor the rooted plants. 

Is/has anyone else here worked as a housekeeper? What did you think of it?

Nope I haven't so I can't help but I just wanted to say HI!

I was a housesitter once, but no idea on the housekeeping.

Fishies say, "Yum! It's seaweed time!"

Seaweed4268_zpsf3ieerdj.jpg

I was a housesitter once, but no idea on the housekeeping.

Fishies say, "Yum! It's seaweed time!"

Seaweed4268_zpsf3ieerdj.jpg

I see the cheeky one blending in with the seaweed :P

Lotus is just angling for the 1st bite. :) Although, he does look a bit like a fish & seaweed sandwich here...

Edited by Shahbazin

Lotus is just angling for the 1st bite. :) Although, he does look a bit like a fish & seaweed sandwich here...

Lol he kind of does look like a fish and seaweed sandwich doesn't he  :teehee

Monet understands seaweed, which is a relief. The only other gf I've had that understoof it was Kappa. The others just got confused lol.

Monet understands seaweed, which is a relief. The only other gf I've had that understoof it was Kappa. The others just got confused lol.

I never tried it with mine :(

Ack - I haven't been on a camp out sleeping on the ground for 27 years. I forgot how hard the ground is. The S'mores beforehand were good, though. 

Ack - I haven't been on a camp out sleeping on the ground for 27 years. I forgot how hard the ground is. The S'mores beforehand were good, though.

I've never been camping camping, but once we stayed at a campground in nc with a waterpark. We slept in this really cool log cabin and there was a loft above the living room that my sister and i stayed in. It was a boatload of fun.

I've broken it up into bit sized pieces and dropped them in -mine figured it out quickly that way.

I also incorporated a couple of nori sheets in my my gel food.

I've never been camping camping, but once we stayed at a campground in nc with a waterpark. We slept in this really cool log cabin and there was a loft above the living room that my sister and i stayed in. It was a boatload of fun.

I have been camping but we slept on air beds does that count?? :P

I've broken it up into bit sized pieces and dropped them in -mine figured it out quickly that way.

I also incorporated a couple of nori sheets in my my gel food.

When i had eleazar in qt, he tore it up so it completely carpeted the tank, but he didnt eat any of it.

When i had eleazar in qt, he tore it up so it completely carpeted the tank, but he didnt eat any of it.

:idont   I use unsalted YamaMotoYama brand sushinori 100 Half Sheets.  

Chelsea was explaining that sometimes the fish need to see the alpha fish (or other fish) eat it before they "risk" eating it. 

Edited by mysterygirl

I was just thinking that I can't quite place any one of my goldfish as an ALPHA!!  :teehee