Sign in to follow this  
koko

Subscription Give Away!

Thats the problem with having your license before youre 18. I just took it to mean thar fish wasnt meant for me. :)

Well that's one way of looking at it and one day fate will lead you to your perfect fish :)

Ha, yeah. Hopefully 2 so i can do just one qt. . . lol.

I was hoping that after getting my new fish and after its qt I could add my last surviving telescope so it could have a friend but my last surviving telescope is floating upside down nearly dead and he was fine 2 days ago :( well that just makes me have to look for a new fish to find the perfect one but then I have to qt it as well :(

Thats the problem with having your license before youre 18. I just took it to mean thar fish wasnt meant for me. :)

Well that's one way of looking at it and one day fate will lead you to your perfect fish :)
Ha, yeah. Hopefully 2 so i can do just one qt. . . lol.
I was hoping that after getting my new fish and after its qt I could add my last surviving telescope so it could have a friend but my last surviving telescope is floating upside down nearly dead and he was fine 2 days ago :( well that just makes me have to look for a new fish to find the perfect one but then I have to qt it as well :(
I think if i get my new fish from a store an hour and a state from where ive gotten the last few i should be ok. . . i know what you mean tho. I had my blackmoor in the 29 and he seemed totally fine. Then he died. So. . . you never know, i guess. Gf are so fragile.

I didn't get my license until 18, so never ran into the "live animal buying" issue - I hope the right fish is just out there waiting for you! It does seem quixotic, the regulations on fish - it seems to be "raining goldfish" most of the time. (All the prize/giveaway/free goldfish). Definitely like to see the "prize" idea done away with, but it's too bad serious aquarists have age issues buying.

I didn't get my license until 18, so never ran into the "live animal buying" issue - I hope the right fish is just out there waiting for you! It does seem quixotic, the regulations on fish - it seems to be "raining goldfish" most of the time. (All the prize/giveaway/free goldfish). Definitely like to see the "prize" idea done away with, but it's too bad serious aquarists have age issues buying.

Yeah. I am 16 1/2 and I just got my license. Drove 20 minutes to the only nice gf store i know of and was told to come back with an adult. Its ridiculous. Theyre fish, not puppies!! And anyhow, i know more about goldfish than they do prob. The same lady sold a betta, a cory, a gf and a trio of mollies to a family with a 7 year old, all to go in the little 10g tank they bought at the same time. And yet im not allowed to buy fish.

Howdy there :P 

Yeah. I am 16 1/2 and I just got my license. Drove 20 minutes to the only nice gf store i know of and was told to come back with an adult. Its ridiculous. Theyre fish, not puppies!! And anyhow, i know more about goldfish than they do prob. The same lady sold a betta, a cory, a gf and a trio of mollies to a family with a 7 year old, all to go in the little 10g tank they bought at the same time. And yet im not allowed to buy fish.

It makes no sense  :no:  :no:

No it certainly does not. On another note, i saw a gorgeous calico oranda the other day at petco in nh. Wanted to pick it up soo bad, but since i hadnt sterilized my qt decided against it. But she was a real beaut. ????

No it certainly does not. On another note, i saw a gorgeous calico oranda the other day at petco in nh. Wanted to pick it up soo bad, but since i hadnt sterilized my qt decided against it. But she was a real beaut.

I'm sorry that you didn't get her but you will find the one or two that you fall in love with soon on another note Murdoch died today and my new black moor is starting to look worse :(

No it certainly does not. On another note, i saw a gorgeous calico oranda the other day at petco in nh. Wanted to pick it up soo bad, but since i hadnt sterilized my qt decided against it. But she was a real beaut.

I'm sorry that you didn't get her but you will find the one or two that you fall in love with soon on another note Murdoch died today and my new black moor is starting to look worse :(
Aww man, youre having the hardest luck with gf right now. Im so sorry.

:thumbup2: Hello Fellow People that are OWNED by Goldfish!!!

I think our fish have a plot - to take over the house. The mosquito fish in the 10 gal. (were supposed to be guppies) were picking on the cory cats & doing the fin nipping thing, not just chasing, so I got the old small (but has filter & heater) betta tank out of the garage & set it up in the kitchen. Nippy fish can live in there. Three fish tanks now, where will it end?

I think our fish have a plot - to take over the house. The mosquito fish in the 10 gal. (were supposed to be guppies) were picking on the cory cats & doing the fin nipping thing, not just chasing, so I got the old small (but has filter & heater) betta tank out of the garage & set it up in the kitchen. Nippy fish can live in there. Three fish tanks now, where will it end?

It will never end!!!! muhahaha  :bump:

In my house, there are a total of 8 fish tanks setvup, not to mention the qt tanks and tubs. . .

In my house, there are a total of 8 fish tanks setvup, not to mention the qt tanks and tubs. . .

:o

Hahaha its not thaaaaat many. . . and mostly small. None over 30g.

Hahaha its not thaaaaat many. . . and mostly small. None over 30g.

I had 5 plus a huge pond, a gerbil cage, a hamster cage, a guinea pig hutch d a stick insect tank now I have shut down one tank and gained a hermit crab tank :)

We also have a guinea pig and two gerbils. At one point we had in addition to the tanks three guinea pigs a hamster and the gerbils.

We also have a guinea pig and two gerbils. At one point we had in addition to the tanks three guinea pigs a hamster and the gerbils.

U still beat me :)

That was the goal . i may be a bit competitive. . . lol

Yeah but overall my tanks and pond have more water volume... I think I'm winning :P

Yeah but overall my tanks and pond have more water volume... I think I'm winning
Well i have my license and a job so blegh

Yeah but overall my tanks and pond have more water volume... I think I'm winning

Well I have a face :P

Well I have a face

Wha. . . that is a low blow!! How on earth did you figure out i didn't?? Were you SPYING on me?!

Guinea pigs are neat! We used to have a couple of Texels, Peaches, & his son, Twinkle. Our current pets besides the fish are a couple of mice, a cat, a dog, & 23 bantam chickens. 

Before we moved to town, I used to breed livestock, & I usually had 2 dozen Shetland Sheep, 3 Angora goats, 200 chickens, geese, ducks, pheasants & turkeys, & 8-10 dogs (I ran a pair as flock guardians in each pasture, plus had some growing pups & retirees).